Mystery babys grown up!

LilChickieMomma

Chirping
Mar 5, 2024
so i had a chicken that i posted as a baby with a chipmunk strip. and shes(hopefully) gotten way bigger, but im still not sure on the breed! i was told Easter or Olive egger but they have Pea combs and this lil thing has a single comb. and i was told bantam which i think could be it. but do you guys thing shes a pullet or a cockerel? and what breed do we think?
IMG_6712.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6710.jpeg
    IMG_6710.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6709.jpeg
    IMG_6709.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6611.jpeg
    IMG_6611.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6608.jpeg
    IMG_6608.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    431.1 KB · Views: 11
so i had a chicken that i posted as a baby with a chipmunk strip. and shes(hopefully) gotten way bigger, but im still not sure on the breed! i was told Easter or Olive egger but they have Pea combs and this lil thing has a single comb. and i was told bantam which i think could be it. but do you guys thing shes a pullet or a cockerel? and what breed do we think? View attachment 3787472
Wow, what a pretty baby! An Easter egger can have a single comb, but I think olive eggers can as well. I don't know any other way to tell than egg color it hatched from

so i had a chicken that i posted as a baby with a chipmunk strip. and shes(hopefully) gotten way bigger, but im still not sure on the breed! i was told Easter or Olive egger but they have Pea combs and this lil thing has a single comb. and i was told bantam which i think could be it. but do you guys thing shes a pullet or a cockerel? and what breed do we think? View attachment 3787472
Looks like a Crested Cream Legbar pullet.
She's lacking the crest, but that does happen with hatchery stock.

Definitely a pullet.
thank goodness! the sharper tail feathers were making me worried, she has the pointiest tail an keeps it straight up most of the time. they are all around 6 weeks old, theres only one other that im worried about as shes developing a bigger an darker comb but she looks exactly like a mini hen so i havent posted her just yet

thank goodness! the sharper tail feathers were making me worried, she has the pointiest tail an keeps it straight up most of the time. they are all around 6 weeks old, theres only one other that im worried about as shes developing a bigger an darker comb but she looks exactly like a mini hen so i havent posted her just yet
She has a female specific pattern so that one's easy.

Back
Top Bottom