Mystery Roo

SamLockwood

Songster
Sep 29, 2022
I originally thought this one was a pullet from my mixed rooster order from Meyer (2 each cream legbar, blue copper maran, and blue cuckoo maran). They were short 1 legbar and sent me what I thought from the lack of comb development & the different feathering he was a she, but I'm pretty certain it's a rooster but he's definitely not any sort of maran with the beard.

He's got a "split" toe on one foot. Initially I thought it was an injury but it's almost two distinct toes each with their own nail. I'd say Ameraucana but he looks like he's developing a crest, too. Maybe a Steele Egger?

Edit: He's 6-1/2 weeks old in this picture.

1685464592715.png

1685464613688.png

Last edited:
An update for anyone who's interested: Mysterio at 10 weeks:
1687626761109.png

He or she is definitely shaping up to be a very gorgeous bird. Out of the six chicks I got, this one and the legbar are the only ones not crowing.

The mystery has finally been solved: I had sent a query to Meyer about the time I originally posted this, and due to some weird technical delay they didn't reply until much later.

Claudius is in fact one of their olive eggers, and while I didn't ask they refunded me some money for the accidental substitution. He's grown quite well I think, and while he's not the "alpha" of the flock and bit shy around people, he's one of the most diligent watchdogs and he's managed to father a few chicks of his own.

1702673620587.png

1702673680190.png

Back
Top Bottom