Mystery Roo

Finally, I found some photos of a Steele Egger rooster, and it looks like they’re blue with golden leakage, not barred, unfortunately. Your guy could be an Egger rooster, but he has such an odd mix of traits that it’s quite baffling.
IMG_1044.png

Gosh, he’s gotten absolutely gorgeous! He’s probably an Olive Egger rooster, I’m guessing. It looks like he’s got a copper colored feather coming in as well. He’s going to be very cool looking when he’s fully grown.

The mystery has finally been solved: I had sent a query to Meyer about the time I originally posted this, and due to some weird technical delay they didn't reply until much later.

Claudius is in fact one of their olive eggers, and while I didn't ask they refunded me some money for the accidental substitution. He's grown quite well I think, and while he's not the "alpha" of the flock and bit shy around people, he's one of the most diligent watchdogs and he's managed to father a few chicks of his own.

1702673620587.png

1702673680190.png

Looks like Green Queen with the extra toe - Blue Cuckoo Marans don't have that. :D
I’d say he was your blue cuckoo Marans, but for that beard and pea comb. He’s definitely blue, and has some barring, it looks like, and white legs and five toes 😵‍💫 My goodness, he’s a mess. But a gorgeous one! I’m guessing he’s a mix of some kind, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom