Myurbanfarmers "The Resort" chicken coop

Korzak

Songster
7 Years
Oct 25, 2014
Hamden, CT
Hi all!

We're getting ready for chickens, and weighing the pros and cons of building versus buying our coop.

It looks like we could buy this and have it shipped for the same amount it would cost us to build it ourselves, if we figure in the cost for our time to build it....

My Urban Farmers' "The Resort" coop

Has anyone used this coop, or would you mind critiquing it for us? It seems great for the six hens we would have, because we want them to have a LOT of room. I'm just wondering why the roosting bars are so low, and if there shouldn't be a vent higher up near the roof.

Thanks in advance!!!
Mark & Alice

http://myurbanfarmers.myshopify.com...ark-brown-and-clear-stain?variant=14016160391

It's obvious you're the unscrupulous vendor and you're in another thread pretending to be the vendor's neighbor. You're not doing yourself any favors, btw.
Because the customer "agrees" to it. There is legality in that. If you click the "I agree" button you need to read what it is you are agreeing to. However if there is no agreement prior to the purchase then it is not possible for them to keep your money, typically when there is something like that on a website that means the card companies they accept have had to review it and agree to it as well.

Avoid myurbanfarmers.com and chickencoopsnw.com like the plague. They're the same "company", only changing names, adding imaginary staff, etc. Read all about them on the BBB's site, yelp, and elsewhere. Total ripoffs, existing only to fleece the unsuspecting. Just one lie after another. You can find any of these coops elsewhere on the 'net with free shipping, too.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with this coop. My wife purchased the resort. Shipping was slow and package was lost. Figured not there fault as they told me on the phone it wasn't their fault. Put it together. Coop went together ok though a couple pieces arrived cracked. Hardware and wood very slight. Assembling the run was a nightmare as none of the pieces are labeled and the differences between pieces are not easy to tell from instructions. Once I got it together the door broke first day. The staple tack made one of our chicks lame by injuring foot. Company asked for proof. Company asserted I had coop already for month. (slow assembly in garage after arriving a week late). I called a few times. They never replaced door. I sent pictures. They do not care. I left a negative review on their website which they removed. The coop disintegrated near instantly. The latches on nesting boxes broke first, the dividers in nesting box upon the first cleaning, the latches on the run, the wood on the top of nesting box, and the ramp has disintegrated. I have repaired and finessed this coop for 6 months. I will be lucky to get another 6 months at this rate. It is not worth the money or the effort! avoid https://www.chickencoopsnw.com

So I ended up just going to one of our local farm supply stores and they had some AMAZING coops. A little spendy but remarkably rugged and solid and well built. Id build my own but I'm a single dad and have precious little spare time. It's all about the immediate gratification lol. Yes I dont know the make of the coop but it will survive a nuclear blast. Super impressive I'll try and take a picture if I can and post it. Are there any grange coops or farm rural supply places near where you live? Luckily I'm in a very rural area so take for granted what we have access to in Regards to such things. On a side my oldest daughter officially named her four hens - those here from my generation will appreciate this. Rose, blanch, Sophia and Dorothy Haha

Update for anyone who wants to: I started a Yelp page for them. You can leave reviews if you'd like so this is more searchable for other folks.

Back
Top Bottom