Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Two of my 15 week old pullets (Easter Hatch).
Two shots are one chicken and the next two are if another chicken.

This is one I'd the only Aloha NN pullet that hatched.

This one is a NN and Gloden Voney cross I got in an egg swap with @learycow.

Next are two of my will be 8 week old Thursday, pullets. These two are the prettiest ones from that hatch, the first one has a twin.

This is he one with a twin. They hatched out looking chipmunk coloring.

Is that a mottle spot I see on this pullet? I'll have to watch and see if that is what it us or if it will molt out.

Last edited:
Beautiful draye.

My turken is so naked right how. Rooster "love" her and we just cliped her wings 'cause she was eating all of ours tomatoes and salads.

She is also the only hen that is laying right now.

Beautiful draye.

My turken is so naked right how. Rooster "love" her and we just cliped her wings 'cause she was eating all of ours tomatoes and salads.

She is also the only hen that is laying right now.

Thanks. Now maybe she'll stay in the own.

When breeding for showgirls is it best to use a turken rooster and silkie hens or a silkie rooster and turken hens? I heard best to use a silkie rooster

I don't and have never bred Showgirls, but I don't think it really matters which way you breed them. You just have to take them back to a silk several times to get the silkee feathers on the NN Showgirl

Maybe Kev will come along and can tell you if one way is better than the other. .

I'm curious about whether to use a NN roo or hen in breedings, if it matters. I guess I'll play around and see what works best for our needs :)

It doesn't make change. You will get same results with naked neck rooster or hen. Thing is you will get more naked necks if you use NN hens or roosters instead of using Nn. With NN the whole offspring will have naked neck and with Nn only 50% will end up having one naked neck gene.

Back
Top Bottom