Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I
Can anyone help me with the gender of this one. It's about 3.5 months old. I'm thinking girl from lack of wattles, but I have no experience with the breed.
[/quote

I'm thinking girl.

Here are 5 of the 27 Naked Necked chicks that have hatched so far.

It is a little dark but couldn't get a better shot. I'll get more pictures tomorrow. I just seen that you can't see all five. But they are there.

I have a total of 54 pulled from the hatcher.
27 Naked Necked
27 fully feathered.

More still hatching.

My "mean" cockerel started out sweet, but his personality slowly changed until he became incredibly aggressive towards my husband and son. It was a shock to all of us when he suddenly went on the attack. He's shown a small amount of aggression towards me, but nothing too bad, but he HATES my guys, and neither my husband nor my son had ever done anything to illicit such a profoundly angry response from him. I know this rooster is more familiar with me than with them since I'm the one who handles and manages all of the chickens on a routine basis, but my guys interacted regularly with him as he matured to maintain familiarity. None of the other Turken cockerels are a problem, but this one is, perhaps because he's the dominant.

My husband especially has been incredibly supportive of my new-found chicken obsession. The least I can do in lieu of that support is remove one aggressive cockerel that seems to see my guy as a sparring partner. He'd really like to be able to walk out into our yard to mingle with the chickens without having to use me as a human shield.
wink.png

is your roo just jealous?

Here are 5 of the 27 Naked Necked chicks that have hatched so far.

It is a little dark but couldn't get a better shot. I'll get more pictures tomorrow. I just seen that you can't see all five. But they are there.

I have a total of 54 pulled from the hatcher.
27 Naked Necked
27 fully feathered.

More still hatching.
congrats!

can you show us NN/araucana cross? I have just got an araucana cockerel and think to mate him to NN but have no idea what the result would be. I am very happy with my NNs health and plan to cross them in order to get healthy chickens. I live in a hot and windy climate.

Back
Top Bottom