Naked Neck/Turken Thread

any guessed as to what this chick could be color wise?

that's a red duckwing chick pattern for sure.. the markings on feathers are a bit bold.. hmm can't tell if it will end up like the average EE duckwing pattern(lots of markings on body) or it may still end up mostly buff with a black tail..

I was going to say barred
lau.gif
my knowledge of genetics
hide.gif

I've set more Stripy butt sired eggs. I way over stuffed the incubator b/c I'm sure the fertilized rate will be low, last batch had about a 50% fertility rate. I'm sure none of the cross eggs are fertilized which is a bummer. I think I have a new plan it will take me longer but since I was horrible at AI. I am going to chose the best KNOWN carrier boy, so those hatched from Stripy butt, and late spring going to get a few more cross gals, they should be ready by winter / spring (the new roo and the new cross gals) and see if I can get chicks from them. I will have to choose big carriers from the offspring and rebreed for another naked boy so it will add at least 2 years to my plan.

I've set more Stripy butt sired eggs. I way over stuffed the incubator b/c I'm sure the fertilized rate will be low, last batch had about a 50% fertility rate. I'm sure none of the cross eggs are fertilized which is a bummer. I think I have a new plan it will take me longer but since I was horrible at AI. I am going to chose the best KNOWN carrier boy, so those hatched from Stripy butt, and late spring going to get a few more cross gals, they should be ready by winter / spring (the new roo and the new cross gals) and see if I can get chicks from them. I will have to choose big carriers from the offspring and rebreed for another naked boy so it will add at least 2 years to my plan.

Really hope theres some fertility in the cross eggs! The rooster was not willing to give samples or..?

Just curious.. is there something about not using the related but no signs roos on hand over the cross girls? Had a rooster with zero signs, bred him with a hen with way obvious signs.. was very surprised at nakeds from this.

Really hope theres some fertility in the cross eggs! The rooster was not willing to give samples or..?

Just curious.. is there something about not using the related but no signs roos on hand over the cross girls? Had a rooster with zero signs, bred him with a hen with way obvious signs.. was very surprised at nakeds from this.
No he wasn't, he doesn't like being handled and I guess THAT much handling was even more horrific to him. I even threatened him w/ an electrified rod! lol

My only other "ready" roo is Vader and I would have to stress her by adding her to the main group, and that group roosts. ( I just have one cross left the other died a week or so ago)

Or...................... maybe he is protesting his new duds!
gig.gif

Those that frequent both threads sorry for the double pics. Here are some other shots from today.

Sock shirt and sweat pants, look how stylish it's even a mid-drift top.

Need to look under those feathers and see if she is fm or gypsy faced.

Quote:

Yeah...... think we have figured out the """"infertility issue"""""".........
gig.gif
that color and pattern combination is.. something lol Have you tried zebra pattern? I tried a doggie clothing that had a zebra pattern.. the bird completely flipped out extremely bad... got the whole flock bawking lol

p.s. that looks like one of the better designs though. How do you like it?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom