Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Ideas on :  how an NN & EE breeding would work out ? I've several EE feed store pullets, raised from chicks... So Chicken Math that I am decided a Breeding project : NN cause they are Hardy, good tempered, and just so Very Cute.... an EE cause I'd like some pretty Eggs & also Cute.   ​Looking for Ideas from others who have this, what issues Work or problems came up on your Project.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/939680/green-egger-naked-neck-thread

Ideas on : how an NN & EE breeding would work out ? I've several EE feed store pullets, raised from chicks... So Chicken Math that I am decided a Breeding project : NN cause they are Hardy, good tempered, and just so Very Cute.... an EE cause I'd like some pretty Eggs & also Cute. Looking for Ideas from others who have this, what issues Work or problems came up on your Project.
I have Nn EE as well as Nn Olive eggers. I bred them crossing my big Nn rooster with Ameraucana and Crested cream legbar hens. They all lay blue, light green or olive eggs. None of them are from hatchery stock. The only problem I have is the Nn gene seems to mess up them having beards. None of my Nns have beards, but I've sold eggs to people who have hatched bearded naked necks. Someday I will have some! :)

Ideas on : how an NN & EE breeding would work out ? I've several EE feed store pullets, raised from chicks... So Chicken Math that I am decided a Breeding project : NN cause they are Hardy, good tempered, and just so Very Cute.... an EE cause I'd like some pretty Eggs & also Cute. Looking for Ideas from others who have this, what issues Work or problems came up on your Project.

I actually have NN/EE crosses in the incubator right now, and I've already hatched two NN/frizzled EE birds that have turned out to be really good layers of minty green eggs. Neither is frizzled since the gene is recessive, but one of the girls has always had these three feathers that stick up atop her head.

This is Sissy, the only one of the two that would pose for a photo.

I have Nn EE as well as Nn Olive eggers.  I bred them crossing my big Nn rooster with Ameraucana and Crested cream legbar hens.  They all lay blue, light green or olive eggs.  None of them are from hatchery stock.  The only problem I have is the Nn gene seems to mess up them having beards.  None of my Nns have beards, but I've sold eggs to people who have hatched bearded naked necks.  Someday I will have some!  :)  

That is odd, no beards.

I've got some here that have as little as 1/8 EE blood in them and still have beards pop out in them.

Maybe yours don't because if the CLB.

I have EE, houdan and silkie in my genetic soup for my birds and I get bearded NN it isn't real common, but here and there, I love it when it happens.

We just had a broody hatch 5 chicks and two are bearded nn's

I have EE, houdan and silkie in my genetic soup for my birds and I get bearded NN it isn't real common, but here and there, I love it when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom