Naked Neck/Turken Thread

@ cactusrota - I'd dearly like to buy some purebreds (NNs and Light Brahmas) if I could afford them, so as to improve the bloodlines of my flocks, but after seeing some of the prices on Ebay - even for a half-dozen eggs - and then outrageous shipping charges like $50 to $125 for those eggs, I'll just be satisfied with my low-grade chickens - I have no interest in showing them, and there's no where around here AFAIK to show them, LOL. Much success with your purebreds, and if you show them take home a few blue ribbons for the rest of us!

:highfive: YAAAAA Hooo Chick Piped yesterday in Brooder, I put out last Night with hen and 3 Chicks :celebrateNewborn Alive & well :ya hatched out a little late, Size of Newborn is same SIZE as 4/5 day old, which are Banty :love Newborn is from standard banty Hen & Sizzle. ( Named it Grace ) she is standing & waddling around, I Kept then in coop this Am. to give Mom that Xtra bonding Time ♥ Just let em out.this afternoon Forecast says gonna be. mid 80ies, Cool compared from Tuesday On,

Last edited:
@ cactusrota - I'd dearly like to buy some purebreds (NNs and Light Brahmas) if I could afford them, so as to improve the bloodlines of my flocks, but after seeing some of the prices on Ebay - even for a half-dozen eggs - and then outrageous shipping charges like $50 to $125 for those eggs, I'll just be satisfied with my low-grade chickens - I have no interest in showing them, and there's no where around here AFAIK to show them, LOL. Much success with your purebreds, and if you show them take home a few blue ribbons for the rest of us!
I have no interest in showing either... the only reason I would do it would be to help bring attention to the breed and maybe sell a few. I've been hearing that Cackle has some good birds, though, and am thinking of ordering some of those maybe next spring.

That painting is amazing!!!!! I can see why you cried, such a thoughtful gift for a chicken lover.

We lost a chick to a snake first one ever. We thought the brooder was secure in the garage, must have come through the dog door. So inside the 3 remaining ones came and Gary started on Fort booder, one big dog kennel (we already had) $50 in wire and 200 zip ties later I think he is pretty serious about not losing another chick to a snake. Snake is a rat snake, alive and well we don't kill beneficial snakes. Ultimately it was our fault for not providing a secure enough brooder.

I have no interest in showing either... the only reason I would do it would be to help bring attention to the breed and maybe sell a few. I've been hearing that Cackle has some good birds, though, and am thinking of ordering some of those maybe next spring.
We bought our hen from Big R (farm store), and the rooster from Meyers. I don't know where Big R gets their chix from, but she is definitely a Black. The cockrel, from Meyers is most likely some kind of a mix, since he's black with brown and red splotches on his wings and tail (not a lace, just odd feathers here and there!).
We'll check out Cackle next spring for some new birds (hens/pullets), but we want to get a flock of Red-Laced White Cornish (or is it White-Laced red Cornish?) from Meyers if we can (our shipping was free this year, so maybe it will be again [crosses fingers, eyes, arms, legs, and toes], but it probably won't be the same by next year - just my luck!).

That painting is amazing!!!!! I can see why you cried, such a thoughtful gift for a chicken lover.

We lost a chick to a snake first one ever. We thought the brooder was secure in the garage, must have come through the dog door. So inside the 3 remaining ones came and Gary started on Fort booder, one big dog kennel (we already had) $50 in wire and 200 zip ties later I think he is pretty serious about not losing another chick to a snake. Snake is a rat snake, alive and well we don't kill beneficial snakes. Ultimately it was our fault for not providing a secure enough brooder.

sorry for your loss.

people here use sulpher (yellow dust) to stop the snakes. if you put it around the garage walls (outside) they will never enter. they don't die from it, they just don't like the smell and don't walk over it.

Time to downsize a bit. I have for sale the following:

Laying hens: 3/ 1 yer old NN hens. $12.00 each.

Laying hens: 4 old ladies 4 & 5 year old. They're still laying g but only about 3 maybe 4 times a week. $7.00 each. 3 NN and one fully feathered.

2 laying hens: fully feathered. One is part Polish and has a small crest. Both are late 2016 hatch. $10.00 each.

3 breeding roosters: 1 is pea comb. 2 are Calico colored. $6.00 each.

-----------------------------------------

These are from an early March 2017 hatch.

Pullets: 1 fully feathered and 2 Naked Neck. $7.00 each.

Cockerels: 3 2 NN and one fully feathered. $4.00 each.

-----------------------------------------

These are from a early May hatch.

4 NN pullets. $5.00 each.

4 NN cockerels: $2.00 each.

If someone takes them all I can make a package deal for you.

Leave message in my inbox if you're interested. Please no continuous questions, I've tried to include as much information as possible. No I don't have pictures and there are too many to try taking any.

Various colors.

Serious inquires only.

Looking for broiler type naked necks in the PNW. Prefer a breeding group but am interested in any ages including eggs or chicks. PM me, lets make a plan for when this heat wave stops...

IMG_2180.JPG IMG_2187.JPG My black frizzle -naked neck started to lay at 5 months

Back
Top Bottom