Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Don't Marans and Welsummers lay a darker brown egg than Wyandotte? So if it came from a lighter brown egg, I'd guess Wyandotte (or is that too obvious?).
What color is the Wyandotte? I'm only familiar with crossing 'silver laced' x 'blue' and from that I got blues and blacks (solid females, leaky males).
Sounds like your chick might be partridge-ish?
I bet Kev can shed more light on it for you.
That's a shame about Sparkys eggs. I bet next time, she'll do better.
Thaks Lisa, my Marans do lay nice dark eggs but the welsummer starts out dark and then lightens up at the end of the cycle. The wyandotte is silver laced so you might be correct. I did take few shots so let me see what I have.

Wow look at all the posts !

Yes it is a shame about Sparkie's eggs! Each one was fertile and growing. Too late now but she will make more.

I like her beard ! Maybe she will make a partridge Silkie if I breed her back to a silkie rooster !

In welsummers, which are all partidge, sexing is easy because females have dark eyeliner around the eyes and the marking on their heads are well defined. This is why I have high hopes for a female chick here.

I am so thankful I found a thread for others like myself - no one else understands my love of the Naked Necks! I have frizzle naked neck easter eggers in the bator right now!

welcome-byc.gif
and........the very friendly, tolerant and information thread of neked neck lovers. We love our mixes just as much as those that are not any breed but NN.

Back
Top Bottom