Naked Neck/Turken Thread

My lavender is not a beauty...he also has the frizzle gene which doesn't thrill me either. I'm finding that the frizzles look terrible when in with a rooster, which of course, I have. You're welcome to him.
I did not know about the frizzle gene. It doesn't appeal to me either due to the high maintanence during molting and the part that you mentioned.

I'm overrun with gophers, squirrels and rabbits. I'm considering getting a couple of semi feral cats. My only concern is that the cats would want to go after any young chickens (I have my chicks under broodies) and my bantams (when I occasionally free range). How do you train a cat to leave them alone?

I had 2 strays show up and of course I was very nervous but all ended fine. The chickens, all ages showed them their place in the flock which is very low. One is more the protector of the chickens and the other thinks he is a chicken. He eats, drinks and sleeps with them. I would just be very watchful at first to be sure all goes well.

How about some Naked Neck Welsummers (a project of mine.) These are F1's

They hatched the beginning of January. I plan on putting them with a pure Welsummer for the F2 generation. I will only keep the NN offspring and keep going back to Welsummer until I get the appearance and egg color that I am looking for.

mrheinz77 beautiful group ! Welsummers are one of my favorite from my group. Good foragers, layers, hardy and verbal, she is rather independent also.

I decided my first step is variety. I plan to put my calm but very young GoldLaced bearded Polish over adult ams, marans, wyandotte, brabanter, welsummer, ee and whatever else I have ?? Nakedness will be last since it should be easy if I can find a nice naked male. But another decision is to have only one male at a time.

They hatched the beginning of January. I plan on putting them with a pure Welsummer for the F2 generation. I will only keep the NN offspring and keep going back to Welsummer until I get the appearance and egg color that I am looking for.

WOW
droolin.gif

Keep me in mind for test eggs! What a great idea.

Last edited:
this is the story,i have 2 nn hens they are 2 years and a half,i think 8 or 9 months this girl disappear , i look for her everywhere, weii i thought that an wild animal killed her,i was on friday with my chickens and i saw her and i knew she was the chicken that i though she was dead

maralpz2006 Oh Goody! A story with a surprise ending. But where are the chickes ? ha ha and I bet that we will never know where she was............

Beautiful birds above! I have two black chicks (almost 6 weeks) that are very similar. I find one looks a bit like hitler
hide.gif

_MG_0139.jpg

Note that they are in love with my buff toulouse goslings born the same day. They don't sleep in the same brooder, but during outdoor free time, they hang out together a lot.
_MG_9062.jpg

My Hitler look-alike
_MG_0171.jpg

_MG_0164.jpg

Thought the gosling was a perfect place to roost
_MG_0099.jpg

_MG_0068.jpg

_MG_0055.jpg

_MG_9932.jpg

My favourite barred male
love.gif

_MG_9934.jpg

They are really uncensored
gig.gif

_MG_9991.jpg
Great looking birds,really like the barred and the red and white naked naked neck.
cool.png

Cool project. Dark eggs and naked necks. The only thing missing is frizzle and crest and dark skin.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom