Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hello, someone had suggested I come to this thread about help on our turkens. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if they are hens or roosters. This is the first time having this breed and they are just great, we are loving them. They are a little over 3 months old. I'm pretty sure the black and dark brown are hens, but the other one we aren't sure on. Thanks for any help, and I plan on going through this thread and looking at everyone's Turkens.

I think the first 2 are pullets good luck and enjoy your NN's Welcome to the thread
Hello, someone had suggested I come to this thread about help on our turkens. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if they are hens or roosters. This is the first time having this breed and they are just great, we are loving them. They are a little over 3 months old. I'm pretty sure the black and dark brown are hens, but the other one we aren't sure on. Thanks for any help, and I plan on going through this thread and looking at everyone's Turkens.

I'm sure Kev is right...the first two are dainty. The last one is a bit heftier, but there is no sign of colour blocks, saddle feathers or general chunkiness that would be apparent in a male by now. Some folk mistakenly think they have cockerels as the face and neck have reddened, but hens have fairly red faces and necks, too.

I did think one of my males was a female due to his diminutive size.....but I don't know what one parent was.The little beggar is very noisy and has four and a half toes on one foot. In the last hatch I had one chick has five toes on both feet (but a fully feathered neck). I can only assume that this little rooster is the father as I have no other examples of birds other than ones with four toes.

Thank you all so much. I figured the two were hens but that one used to be mean and has a bigger comb than the others so just assumed, lol. I was actually kinda hoping it was after talking with featherz, I was looking forward to some chickies. Ah well, we have a couple other breed roosters if we want to experiment with them next spring.
I have not gone through all the posts yet, but you guys have some lovely Turkens! =)

I have finally have been successful in getting another chick to hatch from my naked neck X polish cross and the little fellow has a naked neck
celebrate.gif
. I have only one more setting of eggs going into the incubator and a hen setting on some these eggs and that will be it for this year
fl.gif
. I sold my naked neck roosters to make room for my younger naked neck roosters that I have from cackle hatchery and a blue naked rooster that I hatched from eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo. and I lost my buff laced polish hen saturday from the heat. I will be breeding more f1 next year but I am hopeful for a few more f1 this year to be able to breed some f2. Well I have rambled enough. Pics to be posted soon. Shianne you have some great looking pullets really like the buff girl.

Thank you =) I'm anxious to see your Turken/Polish, I was wondering if we should breed or Silver Laced Polish roo with one of the Turkens next year, and I just love seeing baby chicks.

Back
Top Bottom