Naked Neck/Turken Thread

draye, did you get the photos I sent to you? It's when they were just hatched. I will get more of them later. Of course, they grow like weeds. Check your .. conversation.. that's what it's called now instead of private message..or pm's. Hover over your Inbox, or, you should see an alert on it now since I wrote you. Click on the blue grey part..saying, show all. :) You probably know already. :hmm

Stuck some of my fledgelings in a tractor today, 2 of then NN'S are my favorite.
20170525_200254.jpg
20170525_195510.jpg

Attachments

• 20170525_195603.jpg
    20170525_195603.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 3
  • 20170525_195546.jpg
    20170525_195546.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 3
@DesertChic @Fire Ant Farm
I was told one of you two might have some NN chicks you are willing to sell/ship to CA? I am looking for a non-solid color bird, preferably splash or laced or similar but would love to know what you have! Looking for a couple chicks (want to end up with a hen) hatched soon around June 5-10. Thanks in advance!!

Hi! Sorry about the late response but this has proven to be an exceptionally busy month for me. I definitely have non-solid NNs, but like the others I only ship hatching eggs, not chicks since I'm also not NPIP certified.

I've a Question and have NO idea where or how to look with this new site :What is breed named an Sizzle or Frizzle ? & what would the best breeding be with ? another like them OR Smooth Feather ? I just had too name Rooster " Spike "

IMAG0007.JPG

Hen I named Hilary, we just rescued on 20th. with Mate.
IMAG0008.JPG

NOTICE the wing feather Shaft, Some are broken most look like spikes. as I've never had this type B4 I've no clue what's Normal. . .

. . .:celebrate Finally have an Bantam NN Pair. :wee

IF I breed with Silkies will that make the same Problem in Chicks, Breaking shafts ?

IF I breed with Regular feather what will they make ?

Last edited:
draye, did you get the photos I sent to you? It's when they were just hatched. I will get more of them later. Of course, they grow like weeds. Check your .. conversation.. that's what it's called now instead of private message..or pm's. Hover over your Inbox, or, you should see an alert on it now since I wrote you. Click on the blue grey part..saying, show all. :) You probably know already. :hmm

Yes I did, Thanks.

Sorry it's taken a while to answer. Between the phone quitting on me and this new BYC which by the way I don't care for.

Got the phone taken care of. So I'll check back in once in a while.

The chicks from my last hatch are now just over 6 weeks old. I've been very negligent in my weights and measures this time as life has simply been kicking my butt in other arenas, but today I managed to weight all of them before relocating them to a different pen. I was SHOCKED to find that I have two cockerels that have even blown away Andres the Giant in growth rate and size!!!! And they're NNs!!!!

Lincoln = 34.96 ounces for a 2155% growth rate since hatched.

Remy = 38.94 ounces for a 2585% growth rate since hatch.

Remy even beat out Tank, who was my biggest boy to date!!!! As soon as the chicks become more comfortable with their new surroundings I'll work on getting some photos. I'm just thrilled with the results so far.

Back
Top Bottom