Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I have a bad news. I have just lost my Jumbo.

I know how badly you want big meaty NNs but I don't want them. although they are heat hardy I lost 2 of them, Jumbo and her mom last summer. at this point I suspect they were crossed with broilers.

I have a bad news. I have just lost my Jumbo.

I know how badly you want big meaty NNs but I don't want them. although they are heat hardy I lost 2 of them, Jumbo and her mom last summer. at this point I suspect they were crossed with broilers.
I'm so sorry. :hugs

I only want them big up to a certain point - too big and there are issues with legs, etc. I'm interested to see how these S&G "broiler" NNs ease into adulthood...

with the EE you never know what egg colour they will lay but with any true blue egg layer the first generation of chicks will all be blue/green layers. the second generation will be a surprise, just like any other EE. blue egg gene is dominant so if present the hen will lay blue/green eggs.

:lau Just as long as next Spring Chicks r an Banty NN the egg color will be a On Going Surprise.

NN generally lay a light (or med) brown egg, so when you add the colored egg gene you get green. Colored egg gene w/ a white layer can give you a blue egg laying hen.

I am after that: I will keep a surprise cockerel - english araucana (does not look pure, but definitely from all blue egg layers flock) and I have just ordered 3 more NNs as I learned that they come from snow white egg layers. I hope I will get blue egg NNs. the girls are black and the boy is blue so I expect blue/black/splash NNs who will lay nice sky blue eggs...... chicken math is hitting again!

I've been so swamped, and have lost track of keeping weights and getting photos. But I got some nice shots of Khan today - he's all grown up. Snape was being a butt today, and I warned him that I had a replacement ready to go, so he'd better settle down. I honestly think he understood me... :lau

View attachment 1030532 View attachment 1030533 View attachment 1030534

The S&Gs are shaping up nicely - I'll try to get some weights and photos soon.

- Ant Farm

Khan really was the perfect name for that boy. The look in his eye...whoa! Beautiful bird, but whoa!

I've been so swamped, and have lost track of keeping weights and getting photos. But I got some nice shots of Khan today - he's all grown up. Snape was being a butt today, and I warned him that I had a replacement ready to go, so he'd better settle down. I honestly think he understood me... :lau

View attachment 1030534

The S&Gs are shaping up nicely - I'll try to get some weights and photos soon.

- Ant Farm
Look at that comb!! He looks amazeballs!!!! :love

Back
Top Bottom