Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I do not show and have no intention of showing so this is just a general question, what about bow ties and show NN's?
If I remember correctly, single comb, yellow legs and a small bow tie is fine. I think it's too early to say if your little one is a roo or not Vamvakas. single combed pullets can look like that if they're going to end up with a big comb. Comb and wattle don't look red....don't give up hope yet!

This is a very handsome guy! The picture doesn't do him justice, and he is my largest boy!

Hope all is well with everyone today!
HSC~ Do you know what breeds were used to make this guy? I have a Polish mix that has very similar coloring and I am trying to figure out what other breed is in him that would make that coloring. Mine has more silver on him though.

HSC~ Do you know what breeds were used to make this guy? I have a Polish mix that has very similar coloring and I am trying to figure out what other breed is in him that would make that coloring. Mine has more silver on him though.

His father is a showgirl and mother is a frizzled cochin :) His coloring is black with beautiful gold. I also love his green beetle sheen. I would love to see a picture of your Polish mix.

His father is a showgirl and mother is a frizzled cochin :) His coloring is black with beautiful gold. I also love his green beetle sheen. I would love to see a picture of your Polish mix.
Ask and you shall receive!
wink.png
Here he is. Hopefully people won't mind that he isn't a NN.
hide.gif
I know he is part Polish because of the crest and the comb and the only crested breed on the farm I got him from was a couple polish roos. I have yet to figure out what the rest of him is. I originally thought EE, but I could be wrong.

Here's a shot of his comb/ I think it is so cool looking!

He is such a cool looking cockeral and he has the funniest crow too.
lol.png

gig.gif
"ask and I shall receive".....if only it was that simple every time!!!

I wish I knew by looking at him
idunno.gif
He is very interesting and cool looking!! Maybe someone else will be able to tell you
fl.gif
You could always try breeding mixes for fun until you end up with similar results!
lau.gif

gig.gif
"ask and I shall receive".....if only it was that simple every time!!!

I wish I knew by looking at him
idunno.gif
He is very interesting and cool looking!! Maybe someone else will be able to tell you
fl.gif
You could always try breeding mixes for fun until you end up with similar results!
lau.gif
We havea mixed flock anyway so if we ever hatch out more chicks from our flock they'll be mixes anyway. Right now the rooster options in our flock are that guy and a white Ameracauna cockeral. Our hens are EEs, RIRs, Turken, Polish, Cochins (one of which is a frizzle), leghorns, and an Ameracauna hen. I will definately be interested to see what came from those combinations!

I've been meaning to send these pictures to the guy I got the chick from and see what he thinks may be in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom