Names for Chickens!

Quote:
Oh dang, that is a good idea!! my girls that I am trying to name look at bit "godly" if you will.... (if you look at them with the right angle)

I wanted to name my girls after Greek/Roman/Norse goddesses, too, but they were so dang cute and silly I ended up naming them things like "Pepper, Mousse, Princess Eclair of the Waffle Kingdom, Mooney...
roll.png

Hoover
Magnus(long story)
Peony
Lily
Chanco
Clyde
Tundra
Aspen
Ginger
Grace
Annie
Bonnie
Lizzie
Ivy(my favorite name!!!!!)

Our girls are:

Desdemona
Georgette
Lady Grey aka Porche Petals Lady Gaga Grey (named by a 7 year old hmmm)
Josephine
Nathalie
Katharine
Sandy
Mabel
Babs
Doris
Ginger

Others that have passed away;

Felicia
Roquette
Henrietta

Our boy;

Othello

Then there's the other 10 chicks, yet to be named!
smile.png

Current flock: Love, Joy, Peace, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness and Gentleness. (inside joke: if I had Patience, it would be because I have no Self Control) (Fruits of the Spirit)

Former flock: Debrah, Leah, Rachael, Zilpah, Bilhah, Ester, Mordekai -R, Naomi, Ruth, Boaz -R, Hanna, Hagar, Rebecca, Rahab, Tamar, Dinah (women of the OT)

Last edited:
One of my hens ended up with the odd name of Cottontail because two of her sisters (with wild crests) got named Flopsy and Mopsy. She had to be Cottontail.

It's hard to name my chickens because they all look alike. But I have one roo so I named him Freddy I also call him Federico & Fred Astaire because he's always dancing around the girls. I lied I have one Dominique pullet I named her Checkers. Then last week one of my pullets got her comb torn off so I named her Comb-less. The rest are named little baby. I call out little baby & they all come running.

OMG great thread!

My roo's name is Brigham for Brigham Young and I tried to go with names that reflected that period and may have been a name of one of his 50 wives.

My new flock: Olivia Rose - splash Orp (my favorite - chicken AND name!)
Liza Jane - lav Orp
Viola Marie - blue Orp
Norma Jean (ok THAT one doesn't fit, but she is just SO flighty, pretty and dingy!)

My old flock: Ophelia - my lost buff Orp, stupid raccoon!
Tyra - Black Star
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (4 year old niece named her!!! LOL) - Black Star
Mae West - buff Orp

Back
Top Bottom