Nankin Discussion Thread

We ship to the continental US from Oregon weather permitting Nankin bantam eggs and chicks, our flock free range pure Nankin Bantams. Eggs are $20. plus $15 shipping and Chicks are $15. each, I ship older chicks so you can be sure of what you get hen, roo, straight comb ot rose come. contact Carol Thomson at [email protected] 541-514-7693

Pictures from Feb. 2014

I am hatching Nankin Bantam in my incubator again, yet this time I am using a dry incubator methed by
ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist seen at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...l-air-styrofoam-incubation-cheat-sheet-thread.

Nankin Bantans are very hard to hatch with out a hen, and harder to have them thive. This last month I have been using a dry
incubator until day 18 when I move the eggs to a wet incubator. We are having wonderful susses. One day old Nankin Bantam chick, and their two pound parents.

I just got my very first trio of Nankins, I'm very excited! They've been dubbed Aragorn, Arwen, and Eowyn. I am that much of a nerd. Here's to hoping for some chicks this spring so I can try my hand at exhibition.

Don't mind Aragorn's rough patch on his neck, his ladies did a bit of restyling during transport.

I was basically gifted a pair of young Nankins. I really like them and would like to get a couple more pairs or a trio if possible. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area, and am willing to drive within 400 miles to pick up birds.

Thanks! Kittie

I was given this pair of juvenile Nankins. I'm wondering if the cockerel will darken in color after his next molt. Is it normal for them to be this lovely ginger color and then get darker?

I am new to Nankins and have fallen completely in love with them. But I have tons of questions.

The pictures here are of my 6 month of RC pullet. The first few primary on the right wing are completely backwards, and she appears to have a bony malformation at the end of the wing. There is no evidence of trauma although I just acquired her late this spring. She is very sweet and will always have a home as a pet and showmanship bird, but of course we are sad she will not be a a breeding bird. My questions about if this is a frequent problem seen in Nankins? If not has anyone seen this?

I am looking to buy some nankin eggs. I live in Central Texas. I prefer to stay away from hatchery stock if at all possible. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom