Nankins

We have a handful of babies and I have my old hen sitting on another clutch of eggs and the other two hens are still laying, but I was hoping they would go broody as well so I haven't been collecting eggs. I have two rosecombed males, a rosecomb hen and two single comb hens. I know at least two of the babies are pullets and there is one of each comb type.
I don't have any eggs available at this time. Sorry

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you now her personally or is she here on BYC?

I did a yahoo seach on Claremore, OK and nankins. Is her name Mary Ann? Or lowdollar434 here on BYC?

lowdollar, although I don't think that was her name on here originally? The pens look like the exact pens that I saw at her house though! I'd give her an email or a PM and see if she'll reply!

Quote:
Do you now her personally or is she here on BYC?

I did a yahoo seach on Claremore, OK and nankins. Is her name Mary Ann? Or lowdollar434 here on BYC?

lowdollar, although I don't think that was her name on here originally? The pens look like the exact pens that I saw at her house though! I'd give her an email or a PM and see if she'll reply!

Yea I sent both. I seen she hasnt been on here since March, and I know not everyone has it set up where they get an email whenever someone PMs them. Ive sent a few emails/PMs to a couple of people, but only one person has gotten back with me so far that has some. Hopefully Ill be able to get some eggs soon.

Only three people on BYC have breeder nankins? Anyone care to post some pictures of theirs?

Quote:
I currently have 23 Nankin chicks from Marry Ann Harley. She has very few chicks left to sell this season.

Here are some pics of the chicks enjoying their brooder run.
PC180264.jpg

PC180270.jpg

PC180272.jpg

They can kinda be a drag, actually; they're pecking habits have not seized despise their vast amount of space.

I'm thinking it has to do with low protein, no?

I'm sorry, Iknow this post is from months ago, but I'm having the same trouble with Nankin chicks pecking each other...what did you do to stop it? I've already given them much more space...did increased protein help? thank you!

Back
Top Bottom