Natural Antibiotics

I have had some sickness with my hens here in Ohio and on another thread found out some treatments I use to purchase years ago no longer are sold unless a vet gives you a prescription. So I love this idea here with what you all have shared and have seen good results. May I ask what ratio is used, like how much oregano/other items are used per a gallon of water. Anyone have any specific ratio I can try? thanks all

Grapefruit seed extract is a natural antibiotic that you can put in their water. I used 30 to 60 drops in a fresh gallon of water for two weeks when my chicks had a respiratory problem.

You can offer fresh/dried herbs free choice in a dish. Dill, parsley, thyme, oregano and basil are all good. Cinnamon and nettles too. Anything thats an immune booster. My birds seemed to prefer them fresh. You can also offer chopped garlic free choice once in a while.

Egg yolk peritonitis is quite serious. Can you take her to a vet?
I'm not s
thank you for the information we are going to try to drain some of the fluid off of her belly she has acites I do believe that she has egg peritonitis I would really love to recover this little girl
Grapefruit seed extract is a natural antibiotic that you can put in their water. I used 30 to 60 drops in a fresh gallon of water for two weeks when my chicks had a respiratory problem.

You can offer fresh/dried herbs free choice in a dish. Dill, parsley, thyme, oregano and basil are all good. Cinnamon and nettles too. Anything thats an immune booster. My birds seemed to prefer them fresh. You can also offer chopped garlic free choice once in a while.

Hi guys just after some advice my girl bantam has laid 2 lash eggs in a week in between she laid 2 good eggs as I think its her as I do have 2 other hens but they haven't laid any eggs for over a month so I'm not 100% sure...in a link I read a lady says she gives her chickens garlic & cinnamon that its a natural antibiotic is this true does it work & how much do you give then? After reading some comments on here about oregano what would you recommend.

I have heard this as well. I use dried oregano in the winter and fresh in the summer. I sprinkle some on their breakfast every other morning. Once in a while I sprinkle cinnamon and several times a week I add some cayenne pepper (natural dewormer and they can't taste the heat). I also add ground flax seed/chia seed mix; we always have it on hand for our smoothies. They also get chopped garlic several times a week. I only have five pullets at the moment, so it's not alot of work. They eat as healthy as my family does.
I have heard this as well. I use dried oregano in the winter and fresh in the summer. I sprinkle some on their breakfast every other morning. Once in a while I sprinkle cinnamon and several times a week I add some cayenne pepper (natural dewormer and they can't taste the heat). I also add ground flax seed/chia seed mix; we always have it on hand for our smoothies. They also get chopped garlic several times a week. I only have five pullets at the moment, so it's not alot of work. They eat as healthy as my family does.

*WARNING graphic injury photos below*

I took in a juvenile turkey who was being pecked to death by the older turkeys. She has a very bad break on her leg.
I did not know how seriously she was injured until I had already brought her in and cleaned and dressed her raw back. So by the time I was able to inspect her for other injuries and saw the severe break I was already invested.
I felt that she needed an amputation however I am not a vet and the rancher is uninterested in the expense of vet bills for what
she says is. $5 bird. I totally get where she is coming from. She takes very good care of her horses and she just lost a puppy and took mom and the rest of the pups to the vet to make sure nothing serious is going on.

So here is my situation. I am on my own with this bird. I would have a difficult time tossing it out in its busted ass now. She made it through the night I syringe fed her water and scraped food into her mouth and she accepted both

With the extent of the damage I feel she needs antibiotics or she will not survive the week.
I removed her back dressings today and let it air dry.
I am in a catch 22 scenario and am reaching for any advice,other than snap her neck and toss her out.
She is alert. She is sitting the best she can with her leg injury (which I lightly splinted).

Any helpful tips to try and give this bird a chance to live?
Btw I lovingly have been calling her turkey burger.
Thank you.
Below I will have attached some fairly graphic photos,please take fair warning.

Attachments

• 20181029_121246.jpg
    20181029_121246.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181029_121424.jpg
    20181029_121424.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181029_131011.jpg
    20181029_131011.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181029_125800.jpg
    20181029_125800.jpg