Natural remedy for barn kittens with goopy eyes??

JSossong

Songster
7 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Western PA
I just got 2 kittens from someone I didn't know and they came with horribly crusty, goopy eyes! I know they were born in a barn and were kind of wild..I just want to get rid of the problem before it gets worse! Any advice on a natural remedy??? I want it gone ASAP!

Thanks!

You need to get something that works. I think you can get some non prescription eye ointments from online pet supply outlets. It also depends on what is causing the goopy eyes. It could be an eye infection but it could also be some sort of respiratory infection.

there are some things that you just can't diagnose without seeing the animal. A vet might say "you can try this and see if it works" but when it comes to eyes, waiting too long can lead to a blind animal.

It could be anything from simple allergies to a serious respiratory issue to eye injuries or illnesses.

I agree that a vet is your best bet. Goopy eyes in kittens can be anything from a bacterial infection to a respiratory virus. A veterinarian will be able to give you the proper treatment depending on what they diagnose (i.e. The kittens will need antibiotic eye ointment if it is conjunctivitis). I'm not aware of anything natural that would be curative in this situation without knowing the root cause.

He's one of three siblings, they're fine, it's just his eyes, I tried natural tears, the goop stopped but still have tearing with crust. They're not Barncats, they where born in the house to a house cat. I know this is probably taboo to y'all but we have to have mouse hunters too. Thanks whittjo53

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom