NatureWise Feather Fixer pellet- anyone using?

So far my birds aren't eating it. I bought it with the thought that the added greens and pre/probiotics would make up for the fact that hawks have forced me to limit the amount of free range time my girls are getting. I mixed it with what was left of their old pellets and they just keep picking out the old food and leave the Feather Fixer. Today I wet it so we'll see if it gets eaten.

I did notice a difference in the Feather Fixer in the small bag I bought. The pellets were smaller and not as green. The birds readily ate those pellets, even my bantams that prefer tiny food. That's what prompted me to get the 40lb bag. The pellets in the large bag are much larger and greener. My birds don't seem to like them. Has anyone else noticed a difference between the food in the small bags and that in the large?

I have only gotten a big bag of ff. The little bag I saw at tsc looked just like what I got in my big bag from my local feed store. It has a clear window so you could what it looked like. Today is day 2 of feeding it and so far my birds all like it. All of my birds prefer pellets to crumbles and seemed to like the little pellets.

Been feeding FF for a couple weeks now. All my birds LOVE it. I mix it 50/50 with a locally milled Gamebird feed that has 16 whole grains in it. My birds tha are molting are finally growing back some feathers.

I finally gave up on the Feather Fixer. I had gone through about 1/2 of the 40 lb bag but not because they ate it, mostly because of how they beaked it out of the feeder. Wetting it didn't seem to make them like it any more. I know it wasn't just because it was a new food that they wouldn't eat it because I went out and bought a bag of Blue Seal Multi-flock Breeder to replace it and they took to that right away and can't seem to get enough of it. There is just something about the Feather Fixer they didn't like.

FF has been all that I've fed our chickens for at least 1.5 yr now except the time hubby bought the cheapest pellet there was and I wasn't there to stop him. Our hens and roos look gorgeous. The roos tails are iridescent. We don't know much about chickens compared to most of you guys. You guys are far, far ahead of us. I just wanted say for our flock of 16, FF is working great. Production never stopped all winter. We had a minimum of 8 eggs on a low day and 12 on a great day....in the middle of winter. On weekends, I throw out mealwormsand/or scratch for a treat. For us, FF is a winner.

I use the Feather Fixer every day and have now for about a year. The birds love it and I have an aggressive egg production its strong and steady. This product help my flock regrow their feathers after fighting off mites. I was simply amazed at how fast they came back and the extra protein in the food just mean healthy birds.

Last edited:
I switched my sex-links at sixteen weeks and got my first egg at 4 months to the day.
I use it because I wanted 18% protein in a layers. It's the only brand locally with 18% in a layers feed.

Back
Top Bottom