NEAS Meet-up's Westford ma (buy sell swap)11/4 see post #1090

There was a bunch of coturnix at last meeting.There is a new meeting place still in Westford so check out the www.neasociety.com website for directions.It's about 2 miles from previous meeting place.This is their last meeting until Sept and it's their annual picnic for members only,but you can still buy in the parking lot.I'm sure you will be asked if your a member.
In N.H.,Tony.

Hey all,

I have a handful of 2-month-old VERY tame, kid-raised, multi-colored Easter Egger roos that need new homes. Hatched Easter weekend out of nice blue eggs from an NPIP breeder in California, vaccinated for Marek's. They're still in their giant brooder in the basement, so haven't been outside yet (and thus haven't been exposed to any other birds other than whatever I've carried in from my other flocks).

Anyone interested? I'm planning to bring them on Sunday so let me know if you'd like to meet me there. :)

Would I be able to purchase some pullets at this meeting? I'm trying to find a reputable local place to purchase a few more chickens for my flock.

Yeah they had it.Not many stayed for the feed,and I'm sure they had way too much food cooked.I picked up 3 cute barhead geese for a friend.They also had rudy shellducks,and mandarin ducklings for cheap money.
In N.H.,Tony.

Been awhile since on here, been awhile that we have not been to the meets, alot going on. Hopefully next meet we can make it, will be looking for a peacock.

Hey all,

I need to rehome three Easter Egger roos ASAP. Free. Would be great for them to go to a good home but at this point I can't be super picky... I just ask that they be treated with care as they are sweet kids.

All were hatched by me on Easter weekend last year. They are great birds but the folks who have been kind enough to let me house a flock on their property have said they need to go ASAP! All were hand-raised and are relatively tame, though they haven't had their manners reinforced at the place they've been living, but I'm sure will regain their gentlemanly temperament with a little training.

All out of beautiful light blue eggs and their sisters all lay gorgeous blue eggs, so they would be perfect for a blue or olive egg project. Two get along well with each other and it would be great if they could go together (Joseph the Amazing Technicolor Dream Chicken and Redwing), the third (Big John) is crazy smart and would be an amazing protector but stopped getting along with his brothers. I have coops that are only big enough for 6-8, so if given a super-large area or free range I'm sure they'd be fine all together.

If interested I may also have one handsome and very sweet Blue-laced Red Wyandotte roo named Popcorn, bred by Billye Davis and Pinnie Sears in CT. He hasn't been with the other boys, but again I'm sure he'd be fine if given lots of space. He is breeder quality, and might help produce some nice show birds if you're working on the breed.

If interested or able to take them, please send me a PM or email The Chickeness at gmail. Thank you!

Joe and Redwing

Big John

From this morning (4/18/17):

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom