Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
I am not to picky at this time. We did find some RIR's and Barred Rocks, we are still looking what do you have that you want to part with?
tongue.png

Does anyone in NE have any silkies at this time? I'd rather get some local before I place an order from the hatchery. Thanks!

I have a question fellow nebraskans..
smile.png

Do any of you guys have turkeys AND chickens close together?

Is BlackHead a big problem in Nebraska?

I was told to contact an ag. agent or something, but was wondering of your personal experience first.

(I REALLY want turkeys!)

And does anyone know the number of a lancaster county ag agent?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

I used to have a pet turkey in with the chickens, and there wasn't any problem.

US County Extension Svc
Address: 444 Cherrycreek Rd # A, Lincoln, NE 68528
Phone: (402) 441-7180

(I think that is the right extension info - I found it on Yahoo)

I called the extension office, and they gave me the number of someone from UNL (I think.)

She is a Poultry Science Major, and has some big job at UNL, but is VERY helpful and polite, and knows about everything about the area.

She said BlackHead comes and goes, and has been in Nebraska before, but isnt bad right now.

If you want to contact her, PM me for the number.

And THANKS AGAIN for the ext. office!!
Jason

It's official! We have a swap date!
celebrate.gif
August 29th and 30th at the Dawson County Fair grounds. We have a website too. It is up and going but not finished yet. The link to check it out is www.critterswap.com . Hope you will check it out or come.

Quote:
My guess would be us. My husband and I are the only ones we know of here in overton that breed pheasants. And we know Cliff.

Well I just bought a Silver Pheasant 08' pair...
smile.png

I CANT WAIT!! I am getting them next friday!

How do you know Cliff?

Small world..
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom