Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Meris- Plattsmouth NE
not far from you at all
Hi Meris-Plattsmouth,

How are your chickens. ?

Last Saturday I had an Australorope acting different from her usual self. She would jump up into the nest box scratch feverishly and then jump down. She did this many times. Even went so far on a sunny day to go up to her roost. Walking around the coop all the time, back and forth. I figured she was egg bound. I did all the stuff I have read on this site. And no egg. I don't know how many vets I called in Omaha, FINALLY...Dr. Tiemann at Banfields would see her. He got the egg out, it was pretty far up. and found out she has LICE....so I am grossed out...looked at the other girls and sure enough they look just like the AWFUL pictures on the internet of lice on the shafts of their feathers and the crawlies. So se dusted them but have to do it again this Saturday.

15 hens killed by the dog. Down to 1 White Leghorn and an very very injured Australorp, the 5 copper marans are okay because they were inside and Dotties 3 are okay.

Have to start over.

I know this isn't even the first time. 9 dead before this.

Your darling little marans are safe and growing. They were still inside.
Two look like roosters and act like roosters. They are a gang of 5, cutest ever.

If they are roos, you will know for sure very soon. Once the comb starts growing, it doesn't stop. Our first batch are getting chest and belly feathers, the roosters are very noticeable.

If/when you want to swap, just say the word.

Ijust sarted and i,m from Scottsbluff. I love Nebraska! Is there any one in western NE that is selling laying hens?I lost some of mine to a cat.

Last edited:
Hi! New here at BYC and am from Omaha. Grew up in Plattsmouth, though. :). Just got 5 chicks last weekend and NW need to build a coop! :)

Betsy

Hi! New here at BYC and am from Omaha. Grew up in Plattsmouth, though.
smile.png
. Just got 5 chicks last weekend and NW need to build a coop!
smile.png

Betsy
If you're on facebook, join Omaha Chicken Talk.

Back
Top Bottom