Need advice in Charlotte, NC!

sgraham412

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 20, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I got five week-old chicks (females) in May. In early June, I applied for the chicken permit, but was told that my other pets all had to be current on their rabies license before they would inspect my coop. No problem for my two personal pets, but I rescue and foster and have taken about 5 other dogs to get rabies vaccines over the years I have lived here. They had two of these dogs on the records, saying that I had fees due for them. No problem, right? Just call CMACC and get them to remove them. WRONG.

I played phone tag with the woman at CMAC for months, so long that my cat's rabies/license expired and had to be renewed. Long story short, by the time I got all this cat/dog business sorted out and taken care of, the chickens have been in the backyard for a few months.

I am now about to apply for the chicken permit (again) and am worried that they will fine me for having the chickens in the yard without a permit.

My Questions:

Should I clean the coop out, hide the chickens in the house when inspector comes?

How long does it take between applying for permit (online) and someone coming out to check? (I think it was a few days the first time I applied back in June, but I don't really remember.)

How strict are they on the 25' from property line rule? (My neighbors all love the chickens, but I may be cutting it close on one side)

Any advice is appreciated!

jeez, what a lot of crap to go through. think i would consider what the fine would be if u were turned in. i have to enjoy my country life even more after hearing this. wish u luck

Can you give an update-same situation here. We got the chickens/ducks and now realize we need the permit. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom