Need chicken names?

First I'll need my hen to lay & set on some eggs!
pop.gif
Those are some cute names. My "stuart" became my Chickie-chick.
D.gif

Add Minerva and Millicent to the list.

(I have no idea why those names came to me, but they're what I've just re-named two Lakenvelder hens I bought over the weekend. They are the only chickens I have that look like each other.)

I have: Oprah
Agnes
Petunia
Martha
Esther
Betty
Freida
(Betty & Petunia ended up being roos. Their names REMAIN Petunia and Betty!)

Lucy and Ethel (my Easter Eggers- Lucy has black tail feathers, Ethel's are grey)

Monica, Rachel and Phoebe (my Frizzle Cochins. Monica is black, Rachel is reddish/brown, and Phoebe is white!) and

Marsha, Jan and Cindy (my identical Barred Rock triplets)

Last edited:
I'm in Honk! (a musical about the ugly duckling) and here are some of the character names:

Maureen
Henrietta
Lowbutt
then our producer changed some characters to make more parts and there are 3 new hens:
Beatrice (ME! my next hen will be Beatrice)
Iris
Olive

those are just the hens.

I have...
Pepper (roo)
Lady hawk
Domino
Honey
Big red
Boo
Pumkin
Chicken (ran outta names but, I call her chickie for short.)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I used a TV series for my flock-"The Andy Griffith Show"
My coop is named: "the Chick-a-Roos of Mayberry"

Opie - bantam cochin roo
Aunt Bee - bantam gold laced cochin
Emma - bantam barred cochin

Barney - white silkie roo
Thelma - white bantam cochin
...the fun girls from Mt Pilot...
Daphne - buff cochin
Skippy - buff cochin

Then, I messed up the whole theme when we had a chick (blue cochin) and I started calling her "Doodlebug"
he.gif

I thought she would grow up & out of the name but that hasn't happen!

Some of my gang whose names haven't yet made the list (last time I looked!) are: JoJo black bantam frizzle roo (he was a JoJo from the first moment I laid eyes on him; I have no idea why), Moose (originally stood for Mean Orpington rooster, but he's not mean now
smile.png
, Dazzle (red bantam frizzle roo whose twin Razzle was snatched by a coyote), Mr. Big Stuff (as in the song that says, "who do you think you are?" OEGB bantam BB Red), Gidget (dark "haired" OEGB BBred pullet), and one other that I haven't seen yet is the white Silkie roo named Yeti (the "other" name for the Abominable Snowman, but actually a pretty nice little roo!)
big_smile.png

ETA: the white silkie girls are named Eva, Zsa Zsa (as in the Gabor sisters) and Bubbles. I lost their sister, Suds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom