Need help figuring out my chickens breeds and sex

jfeath1304

Hatching
8 Years
May 17, 2011
I have four chickens... we love them to pieces... however, my homeowners ass does not allow Roosters.
sad.png
We are so sad about this, they are part of our family now. Can someone help me determine by the picks? I also am needing help in their breeds. Thank you for any help.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYuGLdu5Zs2LInA

ry%3D400

Heres a video of the cockadoodledoo

What age are they? The two definite roosters are the ones in the back(the white one, which is an EE, and the red one, which is maybe a decent quality RIR).

They are 4-5 mo old. The white one (names Easter) is a rooster? Shes mine... crap! I really hope not. ugh. We just got back from the farm we bought them at. I took Chocolate (all the way in back) and Lulu (all the way in front) back and they gave us two new girls (lets hope they are girls) my hearts broken
sad.png

ry%3D400

Our new hens ( i hope)

PS: Im new at this... what do the abv mean?

The white one is definitely a rooster, no doubt. If the brown ones are all the same breed and same age, you only have one hen. If the browns are different breeds, then there may be more hens. If the one in back is a brown leghorn, it may be hen. At 5 months old, an egg or crow may let you know sooner.

Back
Top Bottom