Need help!! Lethargic hen , I don’t know what’s wrong.

@Wyorp Rock
Also ... it’s not hard. It’s squishy and warm. I read an article on here about duramycin 10 for egg yolk peritonitis and watched a video and it seemed to really help some people
So it feels like there may be fluid in the abdomen? Compare her to your other girls.

Duramycin 10 is powdered Tetracycline and I doubt you would be able to find that at all - most water soluble antibiotics were taken off the shelves at the beginning of 2017.
An antibiotic may help with secondary infection due to EYP, but it's not a cure. A lot depends on what's going on with her.

You can try something like Baytril or Amoxicillin to see if those would help. Some Tractor Supplies carry Fish Mox (Amoxicillin). Baytril you would need to order that online.

So it feels like there may be fluid in the abdomen? Compare her to your other girls.

Duramycin 10 is powdered Tetracycline and I doubt you would be able to find that at all - most water soluble antibiotics were taken off the shelves at the beginning of 2017.
An antibiotic may help with secondary infection due to EYP, but it's not a cure. A lot depends on what's going on with her.

You can try something like Baytril or Amoxicillin to see if those would help. Some Tractor Supplies carry Fish Mox (Amoxicillin). Baytril you would need to order that online.
I think by the time I receive an online order it’ll be too late even if I get it tomorrow. I called my tractor supply and they’re out of fish mox and won’t get more til next week.

Back
Top Bottom