Need Help QUICK!!!-- Update---Pictures on pg. 5

Quote:
No, we aren't keeping them. We will be taking them to a lady who re-integrates them into the wild. She told me she finds a momma for them and makes sure the momma accepts them, and then lets the momma take them with her back into the wild.

Updated pictures of the little fluffy butts. Looking at them coming out of the egg I would have never guessed they would fluff up so much. They looked partly bald to begin with! lol.

93025_image019.jpg

Awww, they're cute! How long before you give them to the lady? If you keep them for a few days, they will have a great start, at least. Perhaps the lady can split them up between two or three females. Good luck little babies!

baby ducks get big so fast! i swear mine almost doubled in size after a day out of the egg haha

good luck with the reintroduction to the wild. keep us posted on how it goes

Quote:
Our kids are up at camp this week, and it turns out the lady lives only about 20 miles or so from the camp (2 hour drive from where we live). So, when we pick the kids up on Friday, we'll take the ducklings with us, and just drive the 20 miles farther. We had a huge rainstorm last night, crazy high winds, took out some trees on our place. I don't want to say that I'm happy about the situation with the momma duck, but I can't help thinking that if these guys had been born with their momma and outside last night, that they wouldn't have survived.

93025_sany3917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom