Need help quickly. Day old and 2 day old chicks in trouble

Pics
@aart, @WVduckchick @Wyorp Rock
Hello my friends, I am revisiting this page because this morning once again, one of these chicks/pullet up and died in exactly the same fashion as the original chicks. Sitting hunched and shaking and seemingly unable to get a good breath. Died after spasming and gasping. I decided to cut her open and see if I could see anything of any use in diagnosis. She was full of a yellow liquid:
I dont know if this is normal, and I couldnt see anything else much, her organs that I could see did not look bad but I really dont know what the heck I'm doing.

Attachments

• IMG_0798 copy.jpg
    IMG_0798 copy.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0799 copy.jpg
    IMG_0799 copy.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0800 copy.jpg
    IMG_0800 copy.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0802 copy.jpg
    IMG_0802 copy.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 7
@aart, yes same batch as before but the chicks were from 2 different breeders. In looking up ascites in chickens, I see it can be caused by poor quality feeds. There is one older hen in with this flock of chicks and she has here own feed (chicken feed from the local grange, relatively new bag, and the chicks are being fed with a chick raiser feed. Does the owner of the poultry need to throw the feed away? No other signs of this in the other chicks....

@aart, yes same batch as before but the chicks were from 2 different breeders. In looking up ascites in chickens, I see it can be caused by poor quality feeds. There is one older hen in with this flock of chicks and she has here own feed (chicken feed from the local grange, relatively new bag, and the chicks are being fed with a chick raiser feed. Does the owner of the poultry need to throw the feed away? No other signs of this in the other chicks....
Ehhh...hard to say if the feed had anything to do with it.
Ascites is caused by disease and the resultant organ failure.
Unless bird is necropsied with pathology, you may never know what killed it or caused the ascites.

I've had a couple birds with ascites, when gutting birds it was obvious the causes.
One had tumors throughout the intestines.
The other was EYP or internal laying.

Back
Top Bottom