Need help sexing 6 week old muscovy duckling

I have a 6 week old muscovy duckling and I want to know or have an idea what gender it might be. I never had ducks before and haven't got a clue how to vent sex or what to look for. My duckling did start developing feathers around the tail quils (if thats what they are called) just before 3 weeks old. I have tried my best to get good angles of it but it likes to move around alot.
So cute! Where did you get the daisy water-fall bucket? Love it!

Hope your right. Did you wrap the oldest in a towel so you had better control?

I love my drakes, they can be a pain in the butt at certain times of the year but they can also be the sweetest.

Hope your right. Did you wrap the oldest in a towel so you had better control?

I love my drakes, they can be a pain in the butt at certain times of the year but they can also be the sweetest.
I did wrap him up but he managed to get out and pecked at me and ran off but came stomping back after a second for love. Funny little thing

So cute! Where did you get the daisy water-fall bucket? Love it!
I too have 3 Muscovy ducks that hatched 3 weeks ago. They are a hoot. I can't believe how quickly they are growing!
The wild ones that I've watched grow up didn't display any special characteristics (special features) until they were quite big. Then I could tell by their bill. I'm new to all of this as well and this is my first time raising too.
One thing I've learned, and very quickly, is that they poop A LOT! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom