Need help with Corid dosage

We mixed the Corid on Wed. Thur. poo looked ok, But this morning Fri. when I scooped from under the roost one was dark [old blood] brown with slight red and one with what I think was intestinal lining, it was a little bloody. The rooster is still pooing golden foamie stinky poo / At 3p.m. I went out to rake up poo in the run and found another dark poo. ???? Do you think the dark poo is normal???? All the hens are molting and haven't laid eggs for a month .

We mixed the Corid on Wed. Thur. poo looked ok, But this morning Fri. when I scooped from under the roost one was dark [old blood] brown with slight red and one with what I think was intestinal lining, it was a little bloody. The rooster is still pooing golden foamie stinky poo / At 3p.m. I went out to rake up poo in the run and found another dark poo. ???? Do you think the dark poo is normal???? All the hens are molting and haven't laid eggs for a month .
@VivaldiWinter1 how are your birds?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Oh Kathy are doing fine, I think~~~ we made it through the corid, they got fresh water Tues. the 1st. So they will get round 2 Wed. the 16th. They still have mush poo but I think that's due to molting, I do see (this morning ) a few light golden Poo. I have read that chickens have ?s/p? cical? Poo that is brown/golden? Have you heard of this?~~~~ The Buff's are slowly coming out of their molt. They look like a Porcupine got them , poor things look so sore where the feathers are coming in.
sickbyc.gif
The 2 Austros only took 3 weeks off and are laying fine. They have laid eggs every day from July 2014 - July 2015 , took 3 weeks off and I am so impressed. I picked up ,made by Rooster Booster, powered vitamins to add to their water and because they are trying to regrow feathers I am giving them 1/2 Purina OMEGA layer feed & 1/2 Flock Raiser. I think they need extra protein right now, they have their oyster shells, 2X's a week Kale and garden greens. ~~~~ I put DE in the sand under the roost last week and after they are done with the Corid I am going to wash the poo splattering spots hahaha
love.gif
I think I have don't all I can for now. they temperature here on the Olympic Peninsula has cooled off quite a bit. Fall is upon us , How is your flock doing Kathy? 8/2015

Oh Kathy are doing fine, I think~~~ we made it through the corid, they got fresh water Tues. the 1st. So they will get round 2 Wed. the 16th. They still have mush poo but I think that's due to molting, I do see (this morning ) a few light golden Poo. I have read that chickens have ?s/p? cical? Poo that is brown/golden? Have you heard of this?~~~~ The Buff's are slowly coming out of their molt. They look like a Porcupine got them , poor things look so sore where the feathers are coming in.
sickbyc.gif
The 2 Austros only took 3 weeks off and are laying fine. They have laid eggs every day from July 2014 - July 2015 , took 3 weeks off and I am so impressed. I picked up ,made by Rooster Booster, powered vitamins to add to their water and because they are trying to regrow feathers I am giving them 1/2 Purina OMEGA layer feed & 1/2 Flock Raiser. I think they need extra protein right now, they have their oyster shells, 2X's a week Kale and garden greens. ~~~~ I put DE in the sand under the roost last week and after they are done with the Corid I am going to wash the poo splattering spots hahaha
love.gif
I think I have don't all I can for now. they temperature here on the Olympic Peninsula has cooled off quite a bit. Fall is upon us , How is your flock doing Kathy? 8/2015
Can you post some poo pictures?

-Kathy

ya.,, I will take the camera in the coop at 6a.m. when I go to let them out. I 'll try to get some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry these are not clear, I used my flip phone, I will try again to get better ones

This was fresh hen poo at 3p.m. this afternoon its kinda like pudding like?

This I think was from the rooster

What is the youngest age that chicks can be treated with Corid 20% Soluble Powder? I have some 10 day olds with runny poo that I just bought

Last edited:
What is the youngest age that chicks can be treated with Corid 20% Soluble Powder? I have some 10 day olds with runny poo that I just bought .
They can be treated. Five days @1.5 teaspoons per gallon, then 7-14 days @1/3 teaspoon per gallon. Make fresh daily. -Kathy

Back
Top Bottom