Need help with Corid dosage

Here's a few more examples of intestinal lining:
Normal9-1.jpg

intestinallining.jpg

Hello. I just got 3 new buff Orpington chicks today. They are 8 or 9 weeks old and have bloody stools! I have read all over the Internet today and went out and bought Corid. I have been giving them the water with a dropper and am hoping this will work.
I called the lady that I got them from back after I noticed the bloody stool and she told me that she fed them strawberries yesterday. I am not sure what to think but started them on meds immediately. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I started 6 chicks on Corid yesterday because 3 of them had bloody stools. All are eating, drinking, preening, and otherwise acting fine at the moment. I'm using the 9.6% liquid Corid. My question is how long will the diluted Corid keep? I mixed 1 tsp into a gallon of water and it will take the chicks a long time to drink an entire gallon of water. Should I make it up new each day or is it OK to store in a cool dark place and use for several days?

Thanks!

I started 6 chicks on Corid yesterday because 3 of them had bloody stools. All are eating, drinking, preening, and otherwise acting fine at the moment. I'm using the 9.6% liquid Corid. My question is how long will the diluted Corid keep? I mixed 1 tsp into a gallon of water and it will take the chicks a long time to drink an entire gallon of water. Should I make it up new each day or is it OK to store in a cool dark place and use for several days?

Thanks!
Make fresh each day,dosage for Corid liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water.You can make a smaller batch,that way you will not waste medication. Say 1/2 gallon and 1 tsp of Corid.

Back
Top Bottom