Need Help with Sashing on Quilt

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
Need to get this quilt done as it is due on May 6th for Relay for Life. I'm raffling it off at the event that day. So far it's earned $265 and it's not even finished yet!!
th.gif
(The last set of blocks is due this week, person who was working on them had a family emergency last week and didn't get them mailed. )

Warriors of Hope Quilt

a.jpg

Problem I'm having right now is the sashing. I don't want to go out and by more material (can't afford it right now) so I'm trying to go with some of what I've got.

I'm trying to decided between 4 different "rainbow"ish materials and can't make up my mind. Tell me what you think.

A. Plaid--I'm not sure if all the little lines are washing out some of the blocks. & B just below the green block= colored blocks

d.jpg

C. Stripes

c.jpg

D. Rainbowish with Butterflies---I'm leaning towards this one. with B as the outer border and A as the backing

b.jpg

So what do you think?

Thanks to my quilting buddies, Golden, Luna, Betty, Kim, Ginger, Mary, Beth, Caroline for bringing all of this together!! You ladies have done an awesome job!!

Can you use a solid color instead? All those colors take away from the amazing applique work. The emphasis should be those intricate details over the sashing, I'd think. Wonderful job either way.

I agree about using a solid, those appliqués are beautiful! Why not use a medium toned pink, or even black? I wouldn't go with a light color though, since half of every block is light/neutral. If you absolutely can't go with a solid, then I'd pick the butterflies.
Good luck to ya! I spent most of my day finishing a quilt top, so I came here to relax and what do I find? Quilts! Yay!
big_smile.png

I would use a marble (like a Moda) that will be neutral enough for all the blocks (or even violently contrast) in a narrow sashing, then use the butterfly fabric in a wide border.

You would have to take in the directional aspect and maybe miter the corners, but if it is doable, that might be an alternative.

Then I would use the stripes cut on the bias for the binding.

Back
Top Bottom