Need some advice on prices

I have about 10 opal eggs in the incubator right now that I purchased from a quality breeder in FL. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that some of them hatch. They are my favorite colors, followed by purples :) I'm sorry about your hen. If you do decide to sell your male, please let me know!

@jennski Sorry, he's already been promised to someone. You will probably have a difficult time finding local folks with purple BS, at least the males. I've looked for a couple years on those, the closest I have come is the male I have that is (hopefully, if the breeder was not mistaken) split to bs. I'm putting him over BS hens this year, so if he is, I should get some BS males out of them... but they'll still be just babies.

Wow @KsKingBee your birds are truly amazing I can't believe how beautiful they are. Sometime in the future I wouldn't mind buying some birds off you. I'm just curious what are shipping costs usually (zip:48611). Again I'm just curious you don't have to go through all the work to figure it out just a rough estimate for chicks and adults. I could pm you if you don't want to post it on here.

Wow @KsKingBee your birds are truly amazing I can't believe how beautiful they are. Sometime in the future I wouldn't mind buying some birds off you. I'm just curious what are shipping costs usually (zip:48611). Again I'm just curious you don't have to go through all the work to figure it out just a rough estimate for chicks and adults. I could pm you if you don't want to post it on here.

Thank you, I am doing my best. Postage is figured by the weight of the box, size, and distance traveled. In your case 15 pounds of bird and box would be about $100. The box is $30 for one bird or $35 for the largest box. So about $130. shipping cost for one bird. Two birds would be about $145. Fall chicks would be much less as they are about half the weight.

@KsKingBee ah thank you for the offer! I'm actually aiming for purple bs pied, and my boy is purple pied, poss split bs (please be split), over 2 purple bs and 1 purple bs pied (Maybe also a purple pied if i add Neb to their group, haven't decided). Your boy looks maybe split pied?

Here's the one I'm working with, standing next to Octavian...

I feel a little bad breaking these two up... they've been practically boyfriends since Orion came home two years ago. I moved the opal to his own pen because he was picking on Blu, and both he and Orion threw screaming fits calling for each other until I put Orion in Octavian's pen again. Now they do this. Follow each other around posing like nerds. I just don't trust it to last through breeding season this year...

But, if Orion doesn't throw any bs kids this year, and you still have that boy, I may take you up on it, or on fall chicks if you don't have him.

I was talking the Spicers from Cedar Springs last night. They have a pair of Purple BS yearlings available. I was considering buying their male, but he's related to my purple bs hen. They are planning to bring them to the Imlay City show if they aren't sold before then.

Ah, good luck if you do decide to go with that male. I don't but from him - he's got nice birds from what I've ever seen but way more expensive than average and he's been kind of... well, snobby and condescending in every interaction I've ever had with him in person. I much prefer Derek, he turns up at the swaps too, also nice birds, better prices, and nicer guy. He's the one I got my really gorgeous purple bs pied girl from :)

@KsKingBee ah thank you for the offer! I'm actually aiming for purple bs pied, and my boy is purple pied, poss split bs (please be split), over 2 purple bs and 1 purple bs pied (Maybe also a purple pied if i add Neb to their group, haven't decided). Your boy looks maybe split pied?

Here's the one I'm working with, standing next to Octavian...

I feel a little bad breaking these two up... they've been practically boyfriends since Orion came home two years ago. I moved the opal to his own pen because he was picking on Blu, and both he and Orion threw screaming fits calling for each other until I put Orion in Octavian's pen again. Now they do this. Follow each other around posing like nerds. I just don't trust it to last through breeding season this year...

But, if Orion doesn't throw any bs kids this year, and you still have that boy, I may take you up on it, or on fall chicks if you don't have him.

One of the PBS cocks I am growing out may have a white gene, I am pretty sure he does I am just not sure what kind yet.

He is in the center of this pic and the other two look like the one in the top left of this pic. I have a hi% Purple Pied hen in with the PBS this year so more of the same will be coming and some split BS as well.

My 2017 low% Purple Black Shoulder breeding pen,

Back
Top Bottom