Need to sex Call Ducks

Does anyone know how I can keep a female call duck quiet? I live in a home that's not in an area zoned for farm animals. I raised a Muscovy from chick till he was 8 and had to be put down due to growths in is stomach and he was bleeding from the mouth. But he was a drake and only hissed. This girl can make a really, loud laugh sound and I don't know what to do to keep her quieter. I have plenty of toys in her enclosure and she lives in the house like my drake did. With the winter months coming, the windows are closed more. But come spring she will be really noisy as she reached maturity. I love her to pieces and would do anything to keep her here. She was born at the end of July. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I really love this little bugger. I have constant food and water available, too.
call ducks are bred to be loud there is no way to keep her quiet if you wanted a quiet duck you probably should have gotten another muscovy,a muscovy female is also one of the quietest ducks so if you think thats loud mallard derived breeds are not for you.

But if you are really dedicated to her i recommend moving best of luck

Last edited:
I am curious. I am thinking about getting a call duckling and wondered a few things. 1 do silver call ducklings look different than white call ducklings and 2 is it safe to keep a call duck in with my khaki ducks once they are all big enough and properly introduced? Will they breed together and if they do is it safe?

I am curious. I am thinking about getting a call duckling and wondered a few things. 1 do silver call ducklings look different than white call ducklings and 2 is it safe to keep a call duck in with my khaki ducks once they are all big enough and properly introduced? Will they breed together and if they do is it safe?
Yes. Silver will usually have a darker bill, sometimes legs too. Not the typical orange that white ducklings have.
Yes you can keep them together. Male calls with female khakis likely won't be able to "reach" in order to get the deed done, but male khakis with female calls will certainly breed and create crosses

We have two 4 week old gray ducklings...and we're trying to figure out what sex they are. One is considerably larger than the other! HELP?
what kind are they.. with my call ducks i listen to the quack the girls is very chatty and the boys is raspy other wise you can wait till they get their boy feathers the little curls at the end of the tail!

Back
Top Bottom