Neighbor filed a warrant against me after she saw me with a camera yesterday!

UPDATE: The Virginia Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services (VDACS) that is handling my complaint tried to contact the neighbors on the July 21st and left several messages. On July 28th, he tried again and was able to speak with the woman of the house. Her reason for broadcasting the mothballs was because I was not taking care of the voles in my yard and they were traveling to hers! Hilarious! We are both surrounded by woods, so we get a lot more than voles.....bears, deer, raccoons, skunks are a much greater threat to landscaping. Her back area is mostly dry, dirt with nothing growing in it. I doubt a vole would seek cover there.

I did find a mothball near a little sapling that was under my side of the fence. The VDACS man was able to retrieve it as a sample. She had told him over the phone that she had purchased the mothballs from Kroger....in a blue box, so he was going to Kroger and photograph the box, etc. When he's through with his investigation, he will forward it on to his compliance officer in Richmond. I am not sure how long this process will take, but it sounds like fewer than 10% are found in violation. Civil penalties can be no more than $1,000 per violation for a first offense. I am sure this will just amount to a paper trail for me in case things escalate.

I wish I could stick a bar of soap in her (neighbor's) mouth! Every time she hears me outside, she starts with her profanity over the fence. It is so unnerving, because I gave up my SFH roo and lost my standard cochin roo to a raccoon and it seems like she still hears my SFH roo! I do have 3 young Swedish Flower roos coming into their own now....play fighting. I need to decide which one to keep! I wonder if I could keep them all in a pen just to themselves? That would give her something to curse about! My husband said that the fact I am so cheerful while outside makes her that much angrier.

I wish I could stick a bar of soap in her (neighbor's) mouth! Every time she hears me outside, she starts with her profanity over the fence. It is so unnerving, because I gave up my SFH roo and lost my standard cochin roo to a raccoon and it seems like she still hears my SFH roo!

Seems like it's time to get a portable MP3 player and a set of speakers and record a track with random timed rooster calls on it, when you decide to go outside you could play the track and relive memories...

UPDATE: The Virginia Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services (VDACS) that is handling my complaint tried to contact the neighbors on the July 21st and left several messages. On July 28th, he tried again and was able to speak with the woman of the house. Her reason for broadcasting the mothballs was because I was not taking care of the voles in my yard and they were traveling to hers! Hilarious! We are both surrounded by woods, so we get a lot more than voles.....bears, deer, raccoons, skunks are a much greater threat to landscaping. Her back area is mostly dry, dirt with nothing growing in it. I doubt a vole would seek cover there.

I did find a mothball near a little sapling that was under my side of the fence. The VDACS man was able to retrieve it as a sample. She had told him over the phone that she had purchased the mothballs from Kroger....in a blue box, so he was going to Kroger and photograph the box, etc. When he's through with his investigation, he will forward it on to his compliance officer in Richmond. I am not sure how long this process will take, but it sounds like fewer than 10% are found in violation. Civil penalties can be no more than $1,000 per violation for a first offense. I am sure this will just amount to a paper trail for me in case things escalate.

I wish I could stick a bar of soap in her (neighbor's) mouth! Every time she hears me outside, she starts with her profanity over the fence. It is so unnerving, because I gave up my SFH roo and lost my standard cochin roo to a raccoon and it seems like she still hears my SFH roo! I do have 3 young Swedish Flower roos coming into their own now....play fighting. I need to decide which one to keep! I wonder if I could keep them all in a pen just to themselves? That would give her something to curse about! My husband said that the fact I am so cheerful while outside makes her that much angrier.

I thought about this as I went to care for my flock and rabbits for the night...How horrible for you to deal with this, I would feel like I couldn't walk out my door at all. Its harassment pure and simple and I hope you get this resolved quickly.

I thought about this as I went to care for my flock and rabbits for the night...How horrible for you to deal with this, I would feel like I couldn't walk out my door at all. Its harassment pure and simple and I hope you get this resolved quickly.
It is a bit unnerving; especially, when I visit with the chickens and my hens come running toward me so vocally excited. I think, I bet this bothers her as much as my rooster did. It definitely has made me more aware of their various sounds when they're socializing. I would much rather listen to their sounds than the traffic noise, dogs barking, trains, her mouth, their logging activities, riding mower, etc. At the moment, I have several bullfrogs that are going to town in the rain! I love the chorus of crickets and cicadas, too. Good night.

It is a bit unnerving; especially, when I visit with the chickens and my hens come running toward me so vocally excited. I think, I bet this bothers her as much as my rooster did. It definitely has made me more aware of their various sounds when they're socializing. I would much rather listen to their sounds than the traffic noise, dogs barking, trains, her mouth, their logging activities, riding mower, etc. At the moment, I have several bullfrogs that are going to town in the rain! I love the chorus of crickets and cicadas, too. Good night.

I once heard cicadas when I visited family in Oklahoma a few years ago... Holy cow them are some loud bugs...lol... Out here in the great northwest the loudest bug I have heard is the ones hitting the zapper on my neighbors shop wall
lau.gif

You have yourself a wonderful night

Back
Top Bottom