Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one guinea hen who lives with our chickens and I can tell you that everyone knows when she is upset and that is just one guinea hen. They can be great alarms - might be something to consider. Toby is not a fan of my husband so she not only alerts us when predators are in the area but when my husband is getting too close to their pen. I just adore her for so many reasons - especially since she drives my husband crazy
lau.gif

How funny is that? I heard that Guinea fowl harrass the hens..are they happy as a single bird?

Okay so you put the camera up, your building a fence and she is aware of the fond memory you shared with your dad regarding Spock. Now build the fence as fast as you can and clip one wing on each bird (unless they are heavy breeds) and they will never fly over it. Since you know the lights are breaking the law it might be a tool to use later.
Do not show your cards unless it gets really nasty. If it does then call and report her for the lights violation. But only do it as a last resort-you don't want to give up your playing card unless you have to.

LOL it would be great if every time you saw her you waved really frantically and screamed HI! She would look stupid if she got mean and it puts her on the spot. Plus you get the pleasure of making her annoyed without her being able to say you are purposely annoying her! Her husband and every one else will think she has gone nuts for getting so upset! Just make sure you do it with a huge grin on your face! mwuahahahaha!

Lol..wasn't Mr green jeans on captain kangaroo

Yeah. Cpt. Kangaroo.
I thought about the OP this weekend when my daughter called me from the county fair and told me somebody was there giving away free donkeys to a good home and she wanted to bring 1 home."NO! No braying jackasses in my yard!" But Daddy....

Well, I do not have a lot of history with the guinea hens but we had three from a farmer who was just going to let them go. We only have one left as one passed naturally and the other one was snatched by a fox, but Toby has done fine with the chickens. She is definitely the boss of the cope even telling our rooster that he is her boyfried. But we adore her and it has worked really well. She is a great alert to foxes and other dogs in our area. I absolutely adore her!

Time for an update! My neighbor did not hurt my chickens. Instead she continued her music blaring and harrassing my chickens with her dog. She also called me over to her yard asking for help with the dog (why I went I don't know...animals in need I can't resist) and then tried to intimidate me with the dog. He is just scared and stopped barking as soon as I took a couple of steps toward him. He actually tried to run away from me. Yet another dog she never socialized...sad.

My husband and I made a game of the loud music...doing mock ballroom dancing in our pasture where she could see us out her front window. We have the foundation for our garage/ barn put up....106' from their house! The baby goats are coming in the spring! We put up a 6 foot high welded wire fence so our chickens will NOT get into their yard. She screamed at me after it was done and told me it looked like a prison. I told her that I just don't want my chickens to ruin your flowerbeds if they get out...and she flipped me the bird. Then she took pictures of the fence, called the town and they said our fence was fine. Then we cleared the huge pile of rocks and farm debris next to her pool on what we thought was close to the property line. And we fenced it for the goats.....and that's when the fun began. She again called the town and complained that we were clearing land in wetlands and the town said...no they aren't.

Here is the part where the good guys win. Yesterday I saw a surveyor on her property. She was complaining to him loudly that we were draining water onto their property. (Which is uphill froms ours. :) ) Then after their surveyor had done his thing it turns out that the trees they had planted on the "property line" back in the 80's are about 20 feet on OUR property!

So today they cut a path from their back yard through the wild rosebushes to the stone wall bordering our horse pasture. From there they must have had a clear view of the trench that runs down our side of the stone wall and carries all the water into the woods...our woods!

So now what to do....well for sure we will send them a letter letting them know that we are aware that their trash cans, ugly trailer and the giant trees are all on our property and that we do not in any way give up rights to that property. And that we expect them to move the trash and ugly trailer asap....beyond that I don't know. The only thing I do know it that the garage/ barn will be finished by Christmas and on the cupulla will go the weathervane I gave my parents on their 25 anniversary. Today is a good day!!!

Last edited:
I just started reading this thread at random and I am hooked! So does the fence you put up close in the entire run? And that rooster is probably the cutest rooster I have ever seen omg. Good news about the property line too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom