Yeah they're not ready at all rn, it's possible they'll hatch on their own in the night too. Get some sleep, set an alarm for 8 or 9, and help them then if they're stuck. Idk how long it takes to get to the ICU, but give yourself about 30 mins for each egg to have a look at them and help them out. By morning the oldest 2 should be ready to come out.
Ok! ❤ I'll set the alarm a bit earlier. It takes about 40 minutes to get to the hospital. Theyre moving quite a bit right now, chick #2 looked me in the eye a few minutes ago, and I just about fell apart.
I didnt use the oil on chick 1 or 2, as I cant clearly see any membrane and I dont want to disrupt them.

Here's a pic of one of the babies from the first batch, to make everyone smile.
Thank you all so much for saving me tonight. I sat and stared at the incubator for 30mins before I picked up my phone - I have hope now.

Attachments

• 20230419_181655.jpg
    20230419_181655.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 3
Any updates?

Chick #3 hatched before I went to bed! I hadn't zipped them yet, but id done the coconut oil on the membrane of #3. It pushed its little legs til it popped out of the bottom, no zipping. By the time I woke up at 6, the other two had hatched on their own as well! #4 & #5 have pipped and everyone looks exhausted, but healthy.

Thank you all SO SO much for saving my sanity last night ❤

Chick #3 hatched before I went to bed! I hadn't zipped them yet, but id done the coconut oil on the membrane of #3. It pushed its little legs til it popped out of the bottom, no zipping. By the time I woke up at 6, the other two had hatched on their own as well! #4 & #5 have pipped and everyone looks exhausted, but healthy.

Thank you all SO SO much for saving my sanity last night ❤
Awesome! I'm glad they're all ok, and that you were able to get some much needed sleep.

Hooray!! All’s well that ends well. I’m sure you’re at work now but would love to see pictures when you get a chance to rest.

Pics of each happy little chick!
Chick #2 who had their face quite visible in the egg has a rather watery eye that im watching. Otherwise they're almost all fluffed and running around in the incubator!
First pic is chick #2 aka Lucky

Attachments

• 20230423_210818.jpg
    20230423_210818.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 3
Oh I am so happy for you! Sweet little fluffs! I am so glad they are ok, for your sake and your neighbors. I imagine your neighbor felt pretty terrible, so good news all around.

And I will be praying for you, your mom and the new baby chicks too. I can't even imagine how stressful the last few days must have been for you. Congrats on the new little ones.

Back
Top Bottom