Neighbors dog killed some of her chickens.

BrendaJ

Songster
7 Years
Sep 1, 2012
Oregon
My neighbor came over very upset because her 20lb dog killed some of her 6-8 wk old pullets. There is 1 alive , 2 missing & others dead. She has adults too that are fine & are kept in a different area. They had no where to keep the surviving pullet ( enclosure destroyed ) so she gave her to me. I told her after she slept on it & had a chance to look for the missing ones to get a hold of me & could take her back , especially if the missing pullets are located. So now i have this little thing in quarantine & will have to locate a couple pullets soon so she can have buddies... unless she locates her missing ones that is.
Funny how every time i state that im, not getting new ones until the spring something strange happens & they fall in my lap - lol.
Mother nature taunts me
hu.gif

I really felt bad for my elderly neighbor - she was pretty devastated

When old enough i will intro into the flock - we all know how fun that can be lol
th.gif

Well the little thing is a trooper & is doing great today. Eating, drinking & all settled in. I spoke with someone local who has several 12 wk old pullets & going to drive out tomorrow after work to pick up a couple buddies for it.

Not the best pic but they are new & a little stressed. Got a light Brahma & a Welsummer to go with the EE. Fast snapshot of them right after intro. The EE is about 2 mo & the other 2 are aprox 2 1/2 mo. They are in a temporary cage for the night & going into there quarantine enclosure in the morning. The EE is pretty happy to have buddies again
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom