Neighbors Kid !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollerman

Chirping
8 Years
May 18, 2011
rant.gif
:rant our neighbor boy(16) ran over our Taco dog last night with his four wheeler! I had let them out to use the bathroom before bedtime. The kid goes out at 10:00pm every night with head phones blasting in his ear and rides his four wheeler around and around his yard till he gets sleepy! Supposedly at the suggestion of his therapist!there are no fences in our neighbor hoods so of course the dog went ove to investigate what he was doing. I didn't see it ,so I am taking his word that it was unintentional! But I am still furious at his carelessness! This is the second one of our tacos he has hurt! The first he cold cocked with a baseball! Again supposedly an accident. He is a five year veteran ball player,you would think he would be able to control where he pitches thto ball at! The dad is a preacher and a nice guy ,but I am really getting tired of this kid! My wife being a nurse has lectured both parents of the hazards of running the four wheeler as fast as it will go in the dark,but they say they tell him not to because it's to late at night ,but it's the only way he can get to sleep! We live in a residential neighborhood.he goes round and round their house and circles a vacant lot on the otherside of them.he has ruined the grass in both yards,i' m surprised the owners of the lot haven't complained because they keep it maintained weekly!
Anyway ,nothing is broken but she is very sore and unable to walk more tHan a few steps at a time this morning,and crys if you touch her! I am sure the dad will be over to inquire about her this morning and it's going to be real hard to be civil!

Last edited:
Wow poor thing,not trying to be mean or anything but you could try using a leash or a tie out if you don't want to walk your dog.

Well first thing and it may sound cruel but I am thinking of both you and the dog. There is a leash law. Any dog/cat is supposed to be contained when they are outside. Either by a fence or leash. If your dog had caused a 5 car pile up YOU are responsible for injuries/damage. (Not saying that it happened obviously) Doesn't matter if the dog is a Sy. Bernard or a chihauha (sp? I have always had trouuble spelling this one) the law applies.

Since you said you were residential... Do you have a noise ordinance? If so start calling the cops as he is driving around disturbing the peace. Also make a point of saying he is reckless driving. I would also talk to the other land owner about his tresspassing and damage.

Hope your dog gets better.

document everything... video cameras are great!... call the police

here in a residential neighborhood the first no-no is riding late at night... the second is riding an off road vehicle... and maybe 3... no plates on a motor vehicle.. maybe 4.. you need to have a recreational vehicle licence in order to even be driving them.. here anyway thats the rules..

I'm so sorry your dog got hurt and I understand your anger... however, your anger is misdirected, it was your carelessness that caused the dog to get hurt, not the kids.

hugs.gif
I'm sorry your puppy is hurting. Even if nothing's broken I'd suggest a trip to the vet, for pain meds to make her more comfortable if nothing else. If the neighbor kid doesn't start this up until 10pm every night, or it goes on for more than a specified amount of time, then you can probably call the cops for a noise ordinance violation.

To be fair though, your dog was on their property when the accident occurred, which legally makes it your fault. Since you say that this is the second one of your "tacos" he's hurt I'm assuming that you have chihuahuas, which are often under 5lbs and never more than 10lbs unless they are mixed or extremely overweight. It's very likely he wouldn't have seen your dog when she wandered over even if he had been paying attention and riding in broad daylight. Expecting a kid who's obviously not paying close attention to see something the size of a rabbit in the dark is just plain stupid. What if he had seen her? What if he had swerved to avoid hitting her and rolled his ATV causing an accident resulting in an ER trip and possibly severe or life threatening injuries to this kid? In that case, it would be the dad that would have a real hard time being civil with you this morning. All said, things could have ended much more tragically for either your dog or this kid last night and legally you would have been the one responsible since your dog was off your property and not under your control.

Last edited:
I can see this thread going badly.

I won't make any loose dog comments as they'll only incite.

If it is residential and there is a noise ordinance then have it enforced. If it is 10:00 PM then call at 10:01 PM.

And put the dog on a leash.

Probably the reason why the kid can't go to sleep is because he sits in front of a tv playing video games all day.
I've always told my son..If you can't sleep then you didn't do anything that day to get tired!!
And if you can't find anything to do then just ask..theres always a chicken coop to be cleaned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom