Neurodivergent chicken keepers

Shadow (along with two other Pibbles) was adopted by my husband when the people who bought him realized he was going to be considerably larger than they expected. 🙄
I have seen so many dogs rehomed for this and similar reasons 🙁. "Need to rehome because our adolescent large dog is too bouncy and unaware of its size around our toddler " :he

He was supposed to be a Staffordshire Terrier (Pit Bull), but I'm pretty sure there's some Pointer in there, as well. When I first met 'Bob' (my now husband), his three dogs (1 Staffordshire, 1 straight up Pit Bull, and 1 Pit Bull/Bulldog mix) were the biggest, snuggliest, GENTLEST babies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. My GSD/Husky who passed from old age, and now my Maltese/Yorkie, have both been more aggressive/assertive than his babies. My 13 lb
Morkie pushes his 74 lb Pibble around all the time. They're ridiculous.
Occasionally, the big guy will be DONE with the little guy's attitude, and sound like he's gonna tear the little one into confetti, barking, baring his teeth and snarling viciously. My little guy backs up two steps, then yells right back. The big guy has NEVER been more aggressive than those occasional yelling fits, and he always gives up afterwards and hides behind his Dad or me. 🙄😏
Staffordshire terriers aren't a pit bulls. Pit bulls are their own breed and Staffordshire are a different one

Dogs also can have genetic aggression, some breeds will be more prone to it then others. Some aggression or aggression like behaviours can be caused the owners but most aggression isn't instead its the owners lack of ability to handle the dog thats the issue

And I don't mean this as hate for any breed. I own human aggression prone breeds, specifically dogs from lines bred for protection work (not sport) and not just animal and dog aggressive breeds

I have seen so many dogs rehomed for this and similar reasons 🙁. "Need to rehome because our adolescent large dog is too bouncy and unaware of its size around our toddler " :he

Staffordshire terriers aren't a pit bulls. Pit bulls are their own breed and Staffordshire are a different one

Dogs also can have genetic aggression, some breeds will be more prone to it then others. Some aggression or aggression like behaviours can be caused the owners but most aggression isn't instead its the owners lack of ability to handle the dog thats the issue

And I don't mean this as hate for any breed. I own human aggression prone breeds, specifically dogs from lines bred for protection work (not sport) and not just animal and dog aggressive breeds
Much better way to put it, thank you!
I never officially looked into it, but had been told (not by my husband, but a vet tech & others) Staffordshire Terriers were a specific breed of dogs in the Pit Bull line?
Yes! People who get animals because they're cute, but don't do ANY research whatsoever, then get rid of the animal because it's too big, too energetic, doesn't go with the furniture their new wife picked out (that one particularly set me off, and I ended up with a Russian Blue cat this way- I think he would have better off getting rid of the new wife), etc.. should be blackballed from adopting from all pounds & shelters. Sadly, it's not that easy.
My son picked out a cat that I can't stand, most days. He's often on the table or counters, and no amount of carrots or sticks, water, aluminum, or noisemakers seem to make a difference. He refuses to learn, and we've been working on this for FIVE YEARS.
Still not getting rid of him. Animals, particularly pets who become attached to family, Are Not/Should Not Be Considered 'Disposable'.
My son's taking him with, when he finally moves out someday, though.

Last edited:

And I don't mean this as hate for any breed. I own human aggression prone breeds, specifically dogs from lines bred for protection work (not sport) and not just animal and dog aggressive brbreed
I was just lurking around but I wanted to say, IMHO it's not the dogs breed or genetics to blame for bad behavior and aggression, it's the person who hot a breed or line of dog they didn't have the time or experience or properly train and handle, yes certain breeds have tendencies but it's up to the owner to learn about it and learn how to handle and curb those behaviors. People shouldn't pick a dog breed or line they can't train and handle properly, like if you want a family companion don't get a working like GSD.

I was just lurking around but I wanted to say, IMHO it's not the dogs breed or genetics to blame for bad behavior and aggression, it's the person who hot a breed or line of dog they didn't have the time or experience or properly train and handle, yes certain breeds have tendencies but it's up to the owner to learn about it and learn how to handle and curb those behaviors. People shouldn't pick a dog breed or line they can't train and handle properly, like if you want a family companion don't get a working like GSD.
Yes but its not the owners fault the dog is aggressive or reactive most of the time. Sometimes people do end up with a dog or breed they where not expecting and don't have the knowledge or experience to know what to do or where to find good information. I am not saying there aren't a lot of people who do stupid things and should do better but just because a dog is reactive or aggressive does not mean the owner is a bad owner or trainer

There are unethical rescues that will lie about the dog and ones who will downplay the issues the dog have (99% of imported dog rescues) which is one way somebody can end up with a dog they can't handle, then they might go for help and end up getting bad advice and misinformation (which is extremely common).

Training a reactive dog also takes sometimes putting your dog in a position where things might happen so dog ends up reacting

With all of the said there are far to many people who ignore genetics and have no idea about dog behaviour or body language. I see people being stupid with there dogs regularly and they should be held responsible!

Much better way to put it, thank you!
I never officially looked into it, but had been told (not by my husband, but a vet tech & others) Staffordshire Terriers were a specific breed of dogs in the Pit Bull line?
Nope! Pit bulls aren't a line of dogs (unfortunately very common misinformation) they are actually a specific breed. In the uk Staffordshire are an accepted breed and pit bulls are banned, which is one of the reasons why its important that people know the difference because if a bully type dog gets labelled as a pit bull the will end up being put down

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pit_Bull_Terrier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

Yes! People who get animals because they're cute, but don't do ANY research whatsoever, then get rid of the animal because it's too big, too energetic, doesn't go with the furniture their new wife picked out (that one particularly set me off, and I ended up with a Russian Blue cat this way- I think he would have better off getting rid of the new wife), etc.. should be blackballed from adopting from all pounds & shelters. Sadly, it's not that easy.
My son picked out a cat that I can't stand, most days. He's often on the table or counters, and no amount of carrots or sticks, water, aluminum, or noisemakers seem to make a difference. He refuses to learn, and we've been working on this for FIVE YEARS.
Have you checked if Jackson galaxy has any advice for this?

Still not getting rid of him. Animals, particularly pets who become attached to family, Are Not/Should Not Be Considered 'Disposable'.
My son's taking him with, when he finally moves out someday, though.
Which is why I am really hoping Pepsi does not wash out of her assistance dog training 🙁

Nope! Pit bulls aren't a line of dogs (unfortunately very common misinformation) they are actually a specific breed. In the uk Staffordshire are an accepted breed and pit bulls are banned, which is one of the reasons why its important that people know the difference because if a bully type dog gets labelled as a pit bull the will end up being put down

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pit_Bull_Terrier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staffordshire_Bull_Terrier

Have you checked if Jackson galaxy has any advice for this?

Which is why I am really hoping Pepsi does not wash out of her assistance dog training 🙁
They might be thinking of the American Staffordshire which used to be the same breed as the pit bull but then they split off into show bred vs working bred and are now two separate breeds.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/d...ordshire,is an American Staffordshire Terrier.)

IMG_5756.png

hi friends! i had another dr appt yesterday, and pretty much got diagnosed on the spot with fibromyalgia. it's my second diagnosis that can qualify as a physical disability. how many more do we think it's gonna take before i feel comfortable calling myself disabled? /lh

Back
Top Bottom