Nevadans?

Quote:
Kelsey,

I'm sorry I missed you yesterday. I sell both eating & hatching eggs. I just separated my Ameracanas so the eggs will be true in about 10 days. I plan to start putting some in the incubator about that time myself. If you will be back this way in a couple of weeks, and are still in need of eggs, let me know.

The rest of my chickens are all cohabitating so any eggs from them will be of mixed breeds. I plan to separate some of them out in a couple of weeks but I don't have the coops ready for them yet. When I do I'll have Road Island Reds & Cuckoo Marans separated out as well.

Humbrd

Hey everyone. I have been in contact with a lady in Washoe Valley that has extra baby chicks that just hatched. I dont need any, but thought some of you might, here is the message she sent me .......
big_smile.png

Hi!
So my first batch hatched...I have some extra silkies and frizzle cochin banties...
Let me know if you'd like any! You can pick them up tomorrow after 4:30pm I'll be home.
Hillary
786-4096, so if anyones interested, give her a call!

Last edited:
I got my first babies of the season today and I pick up more from HorseFeatherz tomorrow!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

These are my BCmarans. From a gal in Steam Boat. So happy to finally be getting more chickies!

41069_new_bcmarans.jpg

41069_bcmarans2.jpg

41069_bcmarans3.jpg

Very cute! I have fallen in love with my Cochins, so I am getting 2 more next tuesday from Green's Feed. They are getting cochins in that day! Cant wait to see your Marans as adults!

Quote:
Yep it looks like a Black Copper Marans to me! (it's always spelled and said with an S on the end whether it's single or plural). Mine have feathered feet too it just didn't show up in the pic. Some people don't like the feathered feet so they try to breed it out of them but the feathers on the feet are the French standard for BCmarans and wouldn't be accepted as pure without the feathers.
smile.png

You will get the most beautiful dark eggs out of them (hope they are shes
fl.gif
). They are also a very well-behaved bird, regal, but I like the gorgeous eggs the most.
I've never heard of a frizzled BCmarans but it can happen with almost any breed. Have fun!

CONGRATS!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
They are so fun to watch aren't they? The standards are nice for egg production though and I do love large eggs!

OK I got my new babies from Horsefeatherz today!!! They are all in the brooder together and are getting along very well!

41069_march_chicks.jpg

41069_march_chicks2.jpg

41069_march_chicks3.jpg

I got a couple of Orp/Del mixes and the others are EEs. See the cute fuzzy cheeks?
OK I have to get back to watching them. They are so cute! They will take off across the brooder and flap their wings like they are trying to take off!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom