Nevadans?

Quote:
My family and DH's family are big into hunting although my DH and I have not been able to go in years. We just cannot afford the fire power atm.
wink.png
We get Elk and Deer meat from my IL's every year though and it is sooooo tasty.

Happy tuesday everybody! I'm just bored and thought I'd say "hi"!
frow.gif
It sure is a gorgeous day here in the N/W part of the state!
smile.png

Could the newer folks do me a favor and go to the first post of this thread and make sure I haven't missed anybody (or spelled your name/location wrong)?
sunshine-012.gif

Quote:
I just welcomed you to BYC (on your thread) but welcome to the Nevadan's thread!!!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Thank you so much! I just saw the invite there, right after i POSTED here...am fluttering around trying to figure out the lay-out.
;o)
bad puns sorry

We're starting from SCRATCH (ah ha ha I can't help it)...I gave up my flock in CA when we moved to Tx... so am looking for Coop, feed supplies, warming lights, etc...and CHICKS when it's all ready.
I'm told I have to wait until Spring to get chicks, but that will give us time to prepare a nice nest I guess.

ANY and ALL Las Vegas advice WELCOME

I'd be grateful to know where to shop for feed and supplies...where to find chicks, etc...

Much Happiness,
Genie

Great great news !! I have a chick... hatched today. I am so so so excited that it's not even funny. I couldn't have done it without Daegorns help !! Thanks so much for the use of your bator !

Let me get the pics up. I still have 8 other eggs that haven't pipped or anything but hopefully they will all go here shortly too !

welcome YaYaBugaaawkSisters:
welcome-byc.gif

I am in Vegas too. New to Chickenhood but having a blast with it so far.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Genie,

Jones tack and feed up on Rancho still has baby chicks, there is also a lady here locally that has some Buff Orpingtons for sale they are about 10 weeks old right now. I have 6 of them right now myself that I got from her, I think I may thin them out though too many of the identical ones for me.

Where in Henderson are you ?

closer to henderson there is also IFA it's on industrial between warm springs and trop....
they only have chicks in the spring...
the feed store out here in logandale has quite a few chicks right now too,
logandale is 60 milesish north of vegas....
but htey have barred rocks buff orps and i think leghorns right now?? and will get more in...
there's also private keepers that will continue to have eggs through the winter....
a lot of the hatcheries cut ff due to cold weather, but privett in new mexico i think was still hatching and shipping in october last year....
i'll have bantams hatching the end of the month that i just wanted to see what they grow into, their parents are a gorgeous mix of MFD'uccle and a red cochin.... they have d'uccle body shape w/ light red on the girls and darker red on the boys, black feathers in the tail, feathered feet... i need to ttake pics of them.... granted, all my birds free range so there's a possability that the dad's are not the dads, but these girls don't tend to associate with the big boys, just their little red boys....
anyway... lol... point being, you don't HAVE to wait till spring if you don't want to, but you will need to brood in the house for at least 4-6 weeks or heat the coop...

Back
Top Bottom