New addition on our 11 month old unfinshed coop

Pics
Wow Scott! You obviously have more talent for building than me....I dont even know what that huge machine is? Is it something to cut the logs down, I assume? Anyway, good for you, your coop is coming along beautifully.

That be a band saw sawmill. If Sam is sawing logs to build his chicken house, that is pretty extreme. Along the lines of "if you want to bake a loaf of bread, first thing you have to do is plant some wheat". Ouch!

Where is SK? (I'm east of Columbia).

I'd like to borrow his rock rake for a few days.

That be a band saw sawmill. If Sam is sawing logs to build his chicken house, that is pretty extreme. Along the lines of "if you want to bake a loaf of bread, first thing you have to do is plant some wheat". Ouch!

Where is SK? (I'm east of Columbia).

I'd like to borrow his rock rake for a few days.

Yep a Bandsaw. Samantha chainsaw carves for a living. The bandsaw is for me to make some of here carving into benches. I also slab a lot of cedar and make signs as a side job.

Samantha does however make some great honey wheat but she buys the floor. lol
Yes as mentioned the floor,roof and framing was purchased. But all the siding, trim and baton was cut from standing dead spruce that came from Colorado. I live in Shell Knob,MO @ 40 mins west of Branson , on the western side of Table rock lake.

I am actually looking to sell of the rock rake.

worked again till sun down so no pics tonight.
Scott

I did get some pictures today of the progress. As soon as the temp comes back up We will painting and staining. I did get the large vent screen and frame made up today along with the shutters and shutter screens. I also finished up the flower box but need to cut more boards to finish the siding on it. finished up my day at the hardware store picking up some odds and ends.

Back side.............

Test fitting screens in front a ok ready for paint.............

And the roof storm water/self watering flower box.
(I'll walk threw plumbing this box when I get to that)

Scott

I did some more sawing today lots of trim ,baton and a few odds and ends to cut still. I did manage to get a lot cut down to 1" slabs with a straight edge. Those can be run on the table saw or back on the mill to cut them a lot easier.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. And I'll expand later on the how I came up with the 20" deep flower box later.

Setting up to make some slabs for boards, trim, and baton...........

slabs are cut...............................

The plan is to use a lot of the scraps or at least the thin stuff and run it threw a chipper to make wood chips for the run. What doesn't get used there well use for heat in the shop fireplace next winter or build a big ol fire in the front field.

Scott

I am tired of cutting trim and baton for now and I got the doors and shutter in there 1st coat of stain yesterday. I also did a light sanding to the boards on the coop so I can stain them today. But If all I do his hand around here I don't see getting that done. so I will go for now and will update this tread with pictures tonight.

Scott

So I got some Staining done today. Its starting to come together a little more.

The Backside..........................

The Front side......................

Scott

Back
Top Bottom