New baby peachicks

173rd

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
I have two peachicks hatched on Friday, today is Sunday. Can someone tell me if it is normal for them to cry so much. They are kinda loud. They seem to be eating and drinking somewhat.

I have mine in the house and they were very loud. I put cat toys (shiny bells) and a CD disk (shiny) hanging from top and it made a HUGE difference. They are very quiet now plus they don't peck on each other now.

Thank you for the advice.just really do not know quite what to do for them.

Have you got any pictures of the bells and how big a box they should be in?

It's not a huge box but you can see the 2 peas in the corner. I put a stuff animal in there too and one is sitting on it. The ball is the green thing and it has a bell in the middle. You can see the disk hanging. Other than the low peeping noises there have been no loud sounds coming from box anymore. My son owns a chameleon and has crickets he feeds them, he put some in with the pea chicks and they went crazy. Swallowed them right down.

Hi, I hung a CD up, Amazing they just hushed and started to peck at it. Put a dog toy in too, and every time I look in on them it scares me I think they have died.LoL.
Thank you so much for a great tip

Back
Top Bottom