Peach Peachick?

SouthernParadise

Chirping
May 19, 2023
Does anyone have pics of a peach peachick at around a week or two old? I hatched out a peachick that is stumping me on color. Pale cream on the flights and shoulder feathers. Father is either a purple BS or Purple Pied White-eyed split Black Shoulder and mother is one of these four…Purple Pied, Purple Black Shoulder, or Purple Silver Pied. This is the info I was given from the breeder. Any thoughts? Thanks 😊

Attachments

• IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7160.jpeg
    IMG_7160.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7157.jpeg
    IMG_7157.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7159.jpeg
    IMG_7159.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 45
By the look of the white feathers on the wings it is carrying a white gene of some type.
Here’s an updated pic if you have time to look please. I went through your pic database and I’m wondering if it’s a purple BS pied maybe? Possibly a hen? Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    452 KB · Views: 35
Here’s an updated pic if you have time to look please. I went through your pic database and I’m wondering if it’s a purple BS pied maybe? Possibly a hen? Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.
There is no way of telling sex, you would have to do a DNA test. Black Shoulder is all you can say for certain and Purple is starting to show, but judging from the white secondaries and white on the end of the tail there will be some type of white gene, possibly Dark Pied or maybe WE. Way too young to speculate now. If you are going to raise peafowl learning to be patient is a requirement.

There is no way of telling sex, you would have to do a DNA test. Black Shoulder is all you can say for certain and Purple is starting to show, but judging from the white secondaries and white on the end of the tail there will be some type of white gene, possibly Dark Pied or maybe WE. Way too young to speculate now. If you are going to raise peafowl learning to be patient is a requirement.
This is a learning curve for sure. I was an asiatic parrot breeder for over 20 years. So much simpler to identify mutations. I thank you for being patient with me. I will use this time to brush up on genetics and just enjoy the experience more. Have a great weekend 😊

This is a learning curve for sure. I was an asiatic parrot breeder for over 20 years. So much simpler to identify mutations. I thank you for being patient with me. I will use this time to brush up on genetics and just enjoy the experience more. Have a great weekend 😊
The sex of BS chicks starts to become evident around ten to twelve weeks.

Back
Top Bottom