New Brooder/Incubator Heater System RI

millebantam

Songster
11 Years
Nov 24, 2008
Little Rhody
Up for auction is a new, never used brooder heater system. I'm not sure of the maker since there is no label on it. I bought 5 of these a while back at a swap meet and I'm using the others and have no need for this one. It has 2 ceramic/wire heat elements and two light bulb sockets to accept either red attraction bulbs or any other bulb for lighting. The temperature is regulated by a remote wafer controller. I'm not sure of the total wattage, but I use these in fairly large brooders. This system is super easy to install and the uses and brooder configuration applications are endless. It has a modern 6' grounded cord and comes with 2 red attraction bulbs. This is a no reserve auction, and the price of a new wafer control is more than my opening bid. Shipping will be 10 bucks to the lower 48. I prefer Paypal as payment paid promptly at the end of the auction. Thanks for looking, and I hope I just made someone's brooder/ incubator project much easier with this complete, totally self contained setup.

Currently my brooders are 3' x 4' x 16" tall. I have the heater mounted overhead and the wafer about 6" off the floor. This setup will brood 60 or more chicks easily. I'm guessing that the elements are 75 to 100 watts each and this setup could power a homemade cabinet type incubator quite nicely if a good fan was incorporated.

Back
Top Bottom