New chick quarantine mistake please help!

ViolentInsides

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2024
I made the biggest mistake when I started quarantining 2 new chicks, 8 weeks old. I got them from a very reputable person who's raising chickens. The chicks are vaccinated from Merricks and coccidiosis. The hatchery recommends that raising the chicks in their own poop strengthens the vaccine so the breeder had no bedding at all, just poop, but they all had very clean food and water trays. So I brought the two chicks home and put them in a quarantine area.

I have a single chick, 6 weeks old, that I bought from somebody who didn't vaccinate or feed medicated feed at all. I accidentally put all of them in the same quarantine trough. Is the unvaccinated one going to get sick what do I do now that she's been exposed??

What are my next steps? She is the only chick I have that has not been fed medicated feed and/or vaccinated.

I wouldn’t worry too much, but watch her for any signs of coccidiosis. I have fed some chicks medicated feed, and all of my others not medicated. I never had any cases of coccidiosis. Hopefully, they will all turn out healthy.

I wouldn’t worry too much, but watch her for any signs of coccidiosis. I have fed some chicks medicated feed, and all of my others not medicated. I never had any cases of coccidiosis. Hopefully, they will all turn out healthy.
Thank you I have slightly panicking. The non vaccinated one is Sofie my white Ameraucana. I love her to pieces.

When should I incorporate all three into my existing flock of 11, 8-week-old chicks?

Back
Top Bottom