New Chicks at 2 weeks Old

H Diamond

Songster
5 Years
Jan 26, 2014
I think I have an obsession with taking pictures of my chicks. They are two weeks old today, and I'm able to tell everyone apart with certainty except the Welsummers and Speckled Sussex, and even those I'm getting a feel for.
So, for your viewing pleasure....

One of the Barred Rocks:

One of the Red Stars

One of my Delawares... you can see the feathers coming in with black/sooty parts

An EE... I am now quite certain all my EEs have green/slate type legs. I finally had time to really go through the chicks one by one

Another EE. I love this one. She's always so fluffy.. everywhere! It's like this ball of gray fluff hopping around, lol.

Another EE.. I love my EEs!

And another EE...

One of the Golden Lace Wyadottes.

One of the pretty Buff Orp girls. I just think they are so sweet and innocent looking.

One of the Speckled Sussex (I'm going to stick with that seeing the pink feet and legs :)

I *think* this is a Welsummer.. appears to have yellow feet? Probably a pullet?

I think this is a Welsummer as well, and I also believe it to be a roo. My Welsummers were straight run (which I now find odd knowing that it's fairly easy to sex them. At any rate, this little one's eyeliner is minimal and the "V" isn't very prominent and doesn't extend down the back. To be honest, I'll be happy if I get a roo or two.

I'm guessing Welsummer on this one also, but thinking pullet? Not sure... the eyeliner isn't strong, but the V does go all the way down.

And this little one I think is a Welsummer roo as well?

I only ordered 3 Speckled Sussex (pullets) and 3 Welsummer (str run), but I have 7 chicks total that look the same and I have 26 chicks instead of the 25 I ordered (my free exotic died the day after we got them). So I'm thinking they threw in an extra Welsummer either by accident or to make sure there were enough chicks in the box because it was cold when they shipped. Either way.. it works for me. :)

Here are a couple just random chick pics because... well because they are adorable. Never though I'd say THAT!

I think I have an obsession with taking pictures of my chicks. They are two weeks old today, and I'm able to tell everyone apart with certainty except the Welsummers and Speckled Sussex, and even those I'm getting a feel for.
So, for your viewing pleasure....

One of the Barred Rocks:

One of the Red Stars

One of my Delawares... you can see the feathers coming in with black/sooty parts

An EE... I am now quite certain all my EEs have green/slate type legs. I finally had time to really go through the chicks one by one

Another EE. I love this one. She's always so fluffy.. everywhere! It's like this ball of gray fluff hopping around, lol.

Another EE.. I love my EEs!

And another EE...

One of the Golden Lace Wyadottes.

One of the pretty Buff Orp girls. I just think they are so sweet and innocent looking.

One of the Speckled Sussex (I'm going to stick with that seeing the pink feet and legs :)

I *think* this is a Welsummer.. appears to have yellow feet? Probably a pullet?

I think this is a Welsummer as well, and I also believe it to be a roo. My Welsummers were straight run (which I now find odd knowing that it's fairly easy to sex them. At any rate, this little one's eyeliner is minimal and the "V" isn't very prominent and doesn't extend down the back. To be honest, I'll be happy if I get a roo or two.

I'm guessing Welsummer on this one also, but thinking pullet? Not sure... the eyeliner isn't strong, but the V does go all the way down.

And this little one I think is a Welsummer roo as well?

I only ordered 3 Speckled Sussex (pullets) and 3 Welsummer (str run), but I have 7 chicks total that look the same and I have 26 chicks instead of the 25 I ordered (my free exotic died the day after we got them). So I'm thinking they threw in an extra Welsummer either by accident or to make sure there were enough chicks in the box because it was cold when they shipped. Either way.. it works for me. :)

Here are a couple just random chick pics because... well because they are adorable. Never though I'd say THAT!

wondering if I got welsummers?

VERY adorable no matter what their breed!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom